Application for Revocation of Succession Certificate
In the Court of ……………
Case No. 5 of 1999
Mrs. X wife of Late Mr. Z ……… of ………… Petitioner
Mr. BC of …………………………………….. Opposite Party
Petition for revocation of the Succession Certificate
(under s. 383 of the Indian Succession Act 1925)
The humble petition of the petitioner above-named
Most Respectfully Sheweth:
1. The opposite party filed an application for grant of Succession Certificate in Case No. 5 of 1999. The opposite party obtained a Succession Certificate in respect of the debts of the deceased Mr. Z on 5th May 2000.
2. Your petitioner is the widow of the deceased. As the nearest relation your petitioner was entitled to obtain the Succession Certificate for recovering the debts of the deceased.
3. That the opposite party is a step-son of the petitioner. He knew the petitioner being the nearest relation is entitled to be served with the notice of such application. However, the opposite party fraudulently suppressed the name of the petitioner in the application and consequently no notice was issued to the petitioner by the Learned Court and the Succession Certificate was issued without hearing the petitioner.
By reasons of the aforesaid, it is humbly prayed that the Succession Certificate granted to the opposite party be revoked and further and consequential orders be passed as to this Learned Court may deem fit and proper.
I, Mrs. X wife of late Mr. Z residing at ………… do hereby solemnly affirm and say as follows:
1. The statements in the paragraphs 1, 2 and 3 of the foregoing petition are true to my knowledge and also based on information derived from the records of the proceedings of this Learned Court and believed by me to be true.
2. The statements hereinabove in the verification are true to my knowledge.
I sign this verification on this ………… day of October 1999 at the Court House at Alipore Judges’ Court.
Before me Deponent
Oath Commissioner Identified by
or as the officer may be Clerk of Advocate
Advocate of Petitioner