Lease of a Cinema or Theatre
THIS DEED OF LEASE is made the . . . . . . . . day of . . . . . . . ., 20 . . . ., BETWEEN A. B., aged, etc. (as in Precedent No. 1).
WHEREAS A. B. is the sole owner and proprietor in possession of ALL the piece of land with the buildings thereon erected and now known as the . . . . . . . . (Theatre) Cinema situate on the . . . . . . . .Road, in the city of . . . . . . . ., together with all easements and appurtenances whatsoever thereunto belonging and also all the fixtures, fittings, cinematograph equipment (wardrobe, properties, furniture, scenery, articles and things) in and upon and about the said building specified in the Schedule hereto.
AND WHEREAS C. D. is desirous of taking the said building with all fixtures, fittings etcetera on lease for a period of five years on a monthly rent of Rupees . . . . . . . . (Rs . . . . . ) only.
AND WHEREAS A. B. is agreeable to do so.
NOW, THEREFORE, THIS DEED WITNESSES that in pursuance of the above agreement and in consideration of the rent herein reserved and of the covenants on the part of the Tenant hereinafter contained, the said A. B. hereby demises by way of Lease unto the said C. D., his heirs, successors and representatives all that piece of land with the buildings thereon commonly known as the . . . . . . . . (Theatre) Cinema situate on the . . . . . . . . Road, in the city of . . . . . . . . together with all easements and appurtenances whatsoever thereunto belonging, and also all the fixtures, fittings, cinematograph equipment (wardrobe, properties, furniture, scenery, lights, articles and things) in and upon the said buildings specified in the Schedule hereto on the conditions and terms following:
1. That the Tenant may hold the demised property together with all fixtures, fittings etcetera as per Schedule hereto for the term of. . . . . . . . years from the . . . . . . . . day of . . . . . . . ., 20 . . . . . . . . . PAYING during the said term of . . . . . . . . years a monthly rent, Rupees . . . . . (Rs . . . . .) only, clear of all deductions payable in advances on the first day of each English calendar month. The tenancy to begin from the first of each English calendar month and to terminate on the last day of the same month.
2. That the Tenant shall also in addition to the aforesaid rent pay and discharge all rates, taxes and cesses etcetera whether already levied, existing or hereafter to be levied or enhanced in or upon the land, the buildings, cinema (or theatre) and immediately on payment intimate the number and date of the receipt of such payment to the Landlord.
3. That the Tenant shall also obtain electric power in his own name and pay for the same direct to the supply company.
4. That the Tenant shall also at all times during the said term of . . . . . . . . . . . . years keep the said premises, including all fixtures, fittings, cinematograph equipment (wardrobe, properties, furniture, lights, sceneries, articles and things) in good and substantial repairs and condition and deliver up to the said A. B., his heirs, successors and assigns at the expiration or sooner determination of the lease.
5. That the Tenant shall not unless permitted in writing by the Landlord carry on any trade or business upon the said premises or permit the same to be used or occupied in any other manner but for the purposes intended, i.e., the public showing of cinematographic films (or the performance of concert, plays or other stage presentations).
6. That the Tenant shall not assign, transfer or sublet the premises or any part thereof, or any movable property fixed or kept on the said premises and supplied by the Landlord but this prohibition shall not extend to the granting of a licence to any person or persons to manage, run or use the attached Bar and Restaurant for the purpose of such Bar and Restaurant during the said term of . . . . . . . .years.
7. That the Tenant shall not affix without the written and previous consent of the Landlord any bills, hoardings, notice-boards, placards, lights or advertisements on the exterior of the said buildings except in the spaces indicated and allotted for the same by the Landlord.
8. That the Tenant shall also keep the said building, furniture, fixtures, fittings and equipment etcetera insured against loss or damage by fire, burglary and civil commotion during the said term of. . . . . . . . years and the policy of insurance shall be forthwith assigned in favour of the Landlord, and delivered to him, so that the latter may reimburse himself in case of any loss or damage, arising during the continuance of this lease:
PROVIDED ALWAYS that if and when the said monthly rent or any part thereof be in the arrears for the space of 15 days next after any of the days when the same should have been paid, whether the same has been demanded or not or if there be any breach or non-observance of any other covenant to be observed or performed by the Tenant and in any such cases it shall be lawful for the said A. B., his heirs, successors or assigns, or any person duly authorised at any time thereafter to re-enter and to repossess and enjoy as in his former estate as if these presents had not been made, without prejudice to any right of action or remedy of the Landlord in respect of any antecedent breach of any of the covenants by the Tenant hereinbefore contained AND the said A. B., his heirs, successors and assigns hereby covenant with the said C. D., his heirs and representative that the said C. D., his heirs and representative shall and may peaceably and quietly possess and enjoy the said premises, fixtures, fittings, etcetera hereby demised during the said term without any let or hindrance from any person whomsoever claiming from or under in trust for him.
IN WITNESS whereof (as in Precedent No. 1).
Sd. A. B.
Sd. C. D.
Schedule of fixtures, fittings, etcetera:
|Serial No.||Description of property||Make and quality||Estimated value on date of lease||Condition|
Sd. A. B.