Memorandum of Association of the …… Club Ltd.
1. The name of the Company shall be “The ……… Club Limited”.
2. The Registered Office of the Company shall be situated in West Bengal.
3. The objects for which the Company is established are:
(a) to provide facilities for games, sports and pastimes in the neighbourhood of and to afford to its members all the usual privileges, advantages, conveniences and accommodation of a residential Club;
(b) to take over the effects and liabilities of the present unin-corporated Association, known as the ……… including its outstanding debts;
(c) from time to time to borrow or raise moneys which may be required for the purpose of the Club upon Bonds, Debentures, Bills of Exchange, Promissory Notes or other obligations or securities of the Company or by mortgage or charge of the Company’s property, including its uncalled Capital (if any), and the amount guaranteed by the members of the Company for the time being, as mentioned in the fourth clause hereof;
(d) to purchase, take on lease or hire or otherwise acquire, any movable or immovable property, or any right, or privileges necessary or convenient for the purposes of the Club;
(e) to lay out and prepare, adopt, and improve any lands, for the purpose of riding, holding, horse and other shows, horse racing, shooting, playing golf, tennis, croquet or other sports or games thereon, or for any kind of athletic sports, entertainment, amusements or recreations and to construct, alter, keep in repair houses, pavilions, refreshment rooms, stables and other buildings erections and conveniences whether of a permanent or temporary nature which may seem directly or indirectly conducive to the Company’s objects, and to pull down or demolish, sell, or otherwise dispose of, any buildings or erections not so required;
(f) to invest the money of the Company, not immediately required, in such securities as may from time to time, be determined by the Committee including any Debentures issued by the Company;
(g) to sell, improve, manage, develop, lease, mortgage, dispose of or otherwise deal with all or any part of the property of the Company with power especially to sell, deal in, and distribute all kinds of apparatus required for any game, sport or pastime, and all kinds of provisions, wines, spirits, tobacco and other stores among Members and Honorary or Temporary Members, for consumption either inside or outside the premises belonging to or used by the Club, and to give and contribute towards prizes, cups, medals, stakes and other rewards whether competed for by members or others;
(h) to subscribe to, become a member of or otherwise co-operate with any other Association, whether incorporated or not, whose objects are altogether or in part similar to those of this Company;
(i) to remunerate any person or Company for services rendered, or to be rendered, in placing or assisting to place or guaranteeing the placing of any Debentures or other Securities of the Company;
(j) to do all or any of the above things through trustees, agents or otherwise, and either alone, or in conjunction with others;
(k) generally to do all such other things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objects.
4. Every member of the Company undertakes to contribute to the assets of the Company in the event of it being wound up during the time that he is a member, or within one year afterwards for payment of the debts and liabilities of the Company contracted before the time at which he ceases to be a member, and of the costs, charges, and expenses of winding up the same, and for the adjustment of the rights of the contributories amongst themselves, such amount as may be required not exceeding Rs. ……… .
5. If upon the winding up or dissolution of the Company, there remains after the satisfaction of all debts and liabilities, any property whatsoever the same shall be paid to or distributed among the members of the Company, in equal shares.
We, the several persons whose names and addresses are subscribed are desirous of being formed into a Company in pursuance of this Memorandum of Association.
Names, addresses & descriptions
Names, addresses & descriptions
Dated this .…… day of ….… 2000