Power of Attorney from a Person going Abroad for the
General Management of his Property
KNOW ALL MEN by these presents that I, A. B., aged about . . . . . . . . . years, son of . . . . . . . . ., resident of . . . . . . . . . , but intending to leave and for a time to be absent from India hereby constitute and appoint C. D., aged about . . . . . . . . . years, son of . . . . . .., resident of . . . . . . . . ., and E. F. (repeat the description of E. F.) and each of them my lawful attorneys, to exercise any of the undernoted powers hereby conferred, jointly or severally, in my name and for my use:
1. To apply for, demand, sue for, recover and receive and from all and every or any person or persons whosoever concerned or chargeable therewith all and every sum or sums of money, debts, goods, effects, securities, stocks, shares and interests which shall or may belong to or be or become due or payable to me.
2. To take possession of all property, lands or tenements as I am now or may in any way during my absence from India become entitled to and to bring any action or other proceeding in respect to or for or concerning all or any such property, lands or tenements and also to demand, receive, recover and give receipts for the rents and profits thereof respectively for my use AND to let, sell or absolutely dispose of and convey the same or any part thereof or to join with any other persons or person having or who may hereafter have a share or interest with me in any property, lands or tenements in letting, selling or absolutely disposing of the same.
3. To sign in my name and as my act and deed, to execute, verify and deliver any plaint, written statement, contract, agreement, lease, assignment or conveyance of and concerning any property, land or tenement belonging or which may hereafter belong to me or any part thereof and to receive and sign and give or to join the signing and giving receipts or discharges for the moneys arising from such matters, transfers or transfer.
4. To appear before any registering authority and to present before him any instrument whether signed and executed by me or by my said attorneys or attorney to admit the execution of the said deed or deeds, to admit the receipt of consideration and to do any act, deed or thing that may be necessary to complete the registration of the said deed or deeds and, when it has or they have been returned to them or him after being duly registered, to give proper receipts and discharges for the same.
5. To commence, carry on, or defend all actions and other proceedings concerning my property, whether movable or immovable or any part thereof or concerning anything in which I may be a party. And to compound, compromise or submit to arbitration all actions, suits, accounts, claims and disputes between me and any other person or persons. And to engage any pleader, lawyer or advocate to conduct any case, suit or other proceedings, concerning anything in which I may have any interest.
6. To accept the transfer of any stock, funds, shares, annuities and the securities which shall or may at any time hereafter be transferred to me and to vote at the meeting of any company, or otherwise to act as my attorneys or attorney or proxies or proxy in respect of any stocks, shares or other investments now held or which may hereafter be acquired by me in any company.
7. To invest any of my moneys in such manner, at such rate of interest and upon such security as my said attorneys or attorney shall in their or his absolute discretion think fit, and from time to time to alter and vary the said investments, as aforesaid, to deposit the said moneys or any part thereof with any Post Office, Bank or Banks to whom my said attorneys or attorney shall think fit to entrust.
8. For any of the purposes aforesaid and generally in my name and as my act to draw, endorse and sign any cheque or other negotiable instrument, dividend or interest, warrants or other investments payable to me and to deposit in and operate upon the accounts standing in my name now or hereafter at any Bank or elsewhere.
9. To appoint and remove in their or his absolute discretion any substitute for or agent under my said attorneys or attorney in respect of all or any of the matters aforesaid, upon such terms as they or he may think fit.
10. And generally to do, execute and perform all and every other act, matter and thing whatsoever in any wise, necessary or expedient to be done in my concerns and business of every or any nature or kind arising during my absence from India as fully and effectually as if I were personally present to do the same;
AND I, the said A. B., HEREBY AGREE to confirm and ratify all and whatsoever my said attorneys or attorney or any substitutes or substitute or agents or agent, appointed by them or him, under the power in that behalf hereinbefore contained shall lawfully do or cause to be done.
AND I hereby declare that this Power of Attorney is executed by me for . . . . . . . . . years from the date hereof.
IN WITNESS whereof, I, the said A. B., have hereto signed before the witnesses present at . . . . . . . . . the . . . . . . . . . day of . . . . . . . in the year 20 . . . . .
Witness: Sd. A. B.