Settlement by Father-in-law on Daughter-in-law
in contemplation of Marriage
THIS SETTLEMENT is made on the . . . . . . . . . day of . . . . . . . , 20 . . . . . . BETWEEN A.B. etc. (hereinafter called ‘‘the Settlor’’) of the first part AND C.D. etc. of the second part AND E.F. etc. of the third part.
WHEREAS a marriage has been fixed up between the Settlor’s son the said C.D. and the said E.F. and during the negotiations for the said marriage it was agreed (between the Settlor and the father of the said E.F.) that the Settlor will enter into an agreement to pay an annuity of Rs . . . . . . to the said E.F. during the continuance of her marriage with the said C.D.
NOW THIS DEED WITNESSES that in pursuance of the said agreement and in consideration of the said intended marriage the Settlor hereby convenants with the said C.D. and E.F. and as a separate covenant with each of them as follows:
1. The Settlor will during his life (or, the Settlor, his heirs, executors, administrators will) from and after the solemnization of the said marriage and during the subsistence of that marriage pay to the said E.F. without power of anticipation an annuity of Rs . . . . . . .
2. The said annuity shall be deemed to accrue from day to day and shall be payable monthly by equal instalments on the first day of every month, the first payment (if necessary of an apportioned part of the said annuity) to be paid on the first day of the month next following the month in which the marriage is solemnized.
3. If the said E.F. shall become insolvent or shall do or attempt to do or suffer anything or any event happens whereby the said annuity or some part thereof shall become vested in or payable to some other person or cease to become payable to the said E.F. then the said annuity shall forthwith cease to be payable.
4. The Settlor as owner of the property mentioned in the Schedule hereto hereby charges the same with the payment of the said annuity.
5. If marriage between the said C.D. and E.F. shall not be solemnized within . . . . . . . months from the date hereof this settlement shall become void and of no effect.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF etc.