( Ordinance NO. XXVI Of 1977 )
[ 27th June, 1977 ]
স্থানীয় সরকার (পৌরসভা) অাইন, ২০০৯ (২০০৯ সনের ৫৮ নং অাইন) দ্বারা রহিত করা হইয়াছে।
FUNCTIONS IN DETAIL
Animal husbandry87. (1) A Paurashava may, and if so required by the Government shall, provide for the establishment and maintenance of veterinary hospitals and dispensaries, and by by-laws regulate their working and fix the fees to be charged for treatment in such hospitals and dispensaries.
(2) A Paurashava may, by by-laws, define contagious disease among animals and provide for measures that shall be adopted for prevention of the spread of such diseases, including the compulsory inoculation of animals, and the subjection to such treatment as may be necessary of such animals as may be suspected to have been infected with carriers of any such disease.
Stray animals88. (1) A Paurashava may, by by-laws, provide for the seizure, detention and impounding of animals found straying in any street, public place or cultivated land.
(2) A Paurashava may, and if so required by the Prescribed Authority shall, establish and maintain cattle pounds for the impounding of cattle and charge such fines and fees for the impounding of cattle as the by-laws may provide.
(3) No animals shall be picketed or tethered in such streets or places as may be specified by the Paurashava and any animal found picketed or tethered in any such street or place shall be liable to seizure and impounding.
Animal homes and farms89. (1) A Paurashava may, with the previous approval of the Prescribed Authority, establish and maintain animal homes, where, subject to such terms and conditions and on payment of such fees and other charges as the by-laws may provide, the animals of private persons may be kept.
(2) A Paurashava may, with the previous approval of the Prescribed Authority, establish and maintain cattle farms and poultry farms, and such farms shall be managed and administered in such manner as the by-laws may provide.
Registration of the sale of cattle90. A Paurashava may, by by-laws, require that every sale of such of the animals as may be specified shall be registered with the Paurashava in such manner, and subject to the payment of such fees, as the by-laws may provide.
Livestock improvement91. A Paurashava may, with the previous approval of the Prescribed Authority, frame and execute a livestock scheme, which may, among other matters, provide that no person shall keep such animals above such age as may be specified, unless they are castrated or are certified by competent authority to be fit for breeding.
Dangerous animals92. A Paurashava may by by-laws define the animals which shall be deemed to be dangerous animals and the circumstances under which animals not otherwise dangerous shall be deemed to be dangerous, and such by-laws may, among other matters, provide for the detention, destruction or disposal otherwise of such animals.
Cattle shows, zoos, etc93. (1) A Paurashava may hold cattle shows and fairs within its area and charge such fees from the people attending such shows or fairs as the by-laws may provide.
(2) A Paurashava may, with the previous approval of the Prescribed Authority, maintain or contribute towards the maintenance of zoological gardens.
Disposal of carcasses94. Whenever an animal in the charge of a person dies, otherwise than by being slaughtered for sale or consumption, or for some other religious purpose, such person shall either-
(a) convey the carcass within twenty-four hours to a place, if any, fixed by the Paurashava for the disposal of the carcass, or to a place beyond the limits of the Municipality, not being a place within one mile of such limits; or
(b) give notice of the death to the Paurashava whereupon the Paurashava shall cause the carcass to be disposed of and charge such fees from the person concerned as the by-laws may provide.
Explanation.- In this section, “animal” shall be deemed to mean all horned cattle, elephants, camels, horses, ponies, asses, mules, deer, sheep, goats, swine, dogs, cats and other large animals.