( Ordinance NO. XXVI Of 1977 )
[ 27th June, 1977 ]
স্থানীয় সরকার (পৌরসভা) অাইন, ২০০৯ (২০০৯ সনের ৫৮ নং অাইন) দ্বারা রহিত করা হইয়াছে।
FUNCTIONS IN DETAIL
Public streets101. (1) A Paurashava shall provide and maintain such public streets and other means of public communication as may be necessary for the comfort and convenience of the inhabitants of the municipality and of the visitors thereto.
(2) A Paurashava shall, in the prescribed manner, prepare and execute a Road Maintenance and Development Programme, which shall form a part of the budget, and the Prescribed Authority may alter or amend the Programme in such manner as it considers necessary.
Streets102. (1) No new street shall be laid out except with the previous sanction of the Paurashava and in conformity with the terms and conditions of such sanction.
(2) All streets other than public streets shall be maintained in such manner as the by-laws may provide.
(3) A Paurashava may, by notice require, that any street may be paved, metalled, drained, channelled, improved or lighted in such manner as may be specified in the notice, and in the event of default, the Paurashava may have the necessary work done through its agency, and the cost incurred thereon by the Paurashava shall be deemed to be a tax levied on the person concerned under this Ordinance.
(4) The Government may prescribe the manner in which a street other than a public street may be converted into a public street.
General provisions about streets103. (1) A Paurashava may, with the previous sanction of the Prescribed Authority, assign names to streets and paint the names or fix the name plates on or at conspicuous places at or near the end, corner or entrance of the street.
(2) No person shall destroy, deface or in any way injure any street, name or name plate, or without the previous permission of the Paurashava, remove the same.
(3) A Paurashava may, in the manner provided in the by-laws, lay down street lines and building lines, and may, among other things, require the setting back of buildings to conform to such street lines and building lines.
(4) A Paurashava may, by by-laws, define nuisances and offences with regard to streets, and provide for their prevention and abatement.
Street-lightings104. (1) A Paurashava shall take such measures as may be necessary for the proper lighting of the public streets and other public places vesting in the Paurashava by oil, gas, electricity or such other illuminant as the Paurashava may determine.
(2) A Paurashava may, with the previous sanction of the Prescribed Authority frame and enforce a Street Lighting Scheme in the prescribed manner.
Street watering105. A Paurashava shall take such measures as may be necessary for the watering of public streets for the comfort and convenience of the public, and may, for this purpose, maintain such vehicles, staff and other apparatus as may be necessary.
Traffic control106. A Paurashava shall, by by-laws, make such arrangements for the control and regulation of traffic as may be necessary to prevent danger to, and ensure the safety, convenience and comfort of, the public.
Public vehicles107. (1) No person shall keep or let for hire, or drive or propel within the limits of a municipality any public vehicle, other than a motor vehicle, except under a licence granted by the Paurashava, and in conformity with the conditions of such licence.
(2) No horse or other animal shall be used for drawing a public vehicle within the limits of a municipality except under a licence granted by the Paurashava and in conformity with the conditions of such licence.
(3) A Paurashava shall, in such manner as by-laws may provide, and with the previous approval of the Prescribed Authority, fix the rate of fares for the use of public vehicles, and no person plying a public vehicle shall charge a fare in excess thereof.
Explanation.- In this section, a “public vehicle” means any vehicle which ordinarily plies for hire.