EXERCISE 19-SUGGESTED ANSWER
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE Claim No 2003 HC
QUEEN’S BENCH DIVISION
MR JUSTICE ( )
RONNIE ROWLAND ENTERPRISES LTD Applicants
WEST MOLESWORTH BOROUGH COUNCIL Respondents
the Claimant and Defendant in an Intended Claim
DRAFT ORDER FOR AN INJUCTION
NOTICE TO THE RESPONDENT….etc
An Application was made on the 3rd December 2003 by Counsel for Ronnie Rowland Enterprises Ltd (RR) (who are to be the Claimants in a Claim against West Molesworth Borough Council) to the Judge who heard the application supported by the witness statement listed in Schedule 1 and accepted the undertakings in Schedule 2 at the end of this Order. IT IS ORDERED that :
1. Up to and including (date) (‘the Return Date’) the Respondents must not:
(1) ban boxing match from taking place at Council hall on Saturday 6th December 2003.
(2) prevent RR and any of his people both admission into hall to organise fight and allow RR to sole use the hall, apart from the council employees using their offices, during 3rd to 9th December inclusive.
(3) cease from providing electricity, and both caretaker and technical advice during that period.
(4) ban Western TV Limited to televise the fight.
COSTS OF APPLICATION
2. The costs of this application are reserved.
VARIATION OR DISCHARGE OF THIS ORDER….etc
NAME AND ADDRESS OF APPLICANTS’ SOLICITORS….etc
INTERPRETATION OF THIS ORDER….etc
THE EFFECT OF THIS ORDER ….etc
The Judge read the following witness statement before making this Order:
Statement of Ronnie Rowland made on 3rd December 2003.
Undertakings given to the dCourt by the Applicant
(1) If the Court later finds that this Order has caused loss to the Respondents, and decides that the Respondents should be compensated for that loss, the Applicants will comply with any Order the Court may make.
(2) As soon as practicable the Applicants will issue and serve on the Respondents a Claim From in the form of the draft produced to the Court and initialed by the Judge claiming appropriate remedies together with this Order.
(3) As soon as practicable the Applicants will serve on the Respondents an Application Notice for the Return Date together with a copy of the written evidence and exhibits containing the evidence relied on by the Applicants.