RE: GENERAL DIARY
I, ___________________, _________________ of _______________________, House No. SW6A, Road No. 2, Gulshan 1, Dhaka-1212, would like to inform you as follows:
01. That Fundacion Intervida (FI) of Barcelona, Spain took over the financial and management responsibilities of the Destitute Rural Boys Training Centre at Brahmanbaria (the ‘DRBTC’) pursuant to an Agreement dated 21.12.1998 between the Government of the Peoples Republic of Bangladesh, represented by the Department of Social Service under the Ministry of Social Welfare and FI for a period of 5 years from 01.01.1999.
02. That pursuant to the recommendation of Mr. Md. Shahid Ullah, Deputy Director, District Social Service Office, Brahmanbaria vide inspection report dated 21.03.2002 (the ‘Inspection Report’), in order to improve the teaching quality of the teachers, FI arranged for training program for the teachers and after completion of the training program an examination was conducted amongst the teachers. Most of the teachers failed to secure even 33% marks in the examination.
03. That some of the teachers namely Syed U, N, K and R conspired against Mr. T- Unit Administrator of the DRBTC so that he cannot run the day to day affairs of the DRBTC smoothly.
04. That in order to achieve the goal for which FI took over the financial and management responsibilities of the DRBTC and in compliance with the Inspection Report, FI has decided to recruit new efficient teachers in replacement of some existing teachers.
05. That some of the teachers namely Syed U, N, K and R became very furious at the decision of FI and tendered their resignation on 18.05.2003. But they threatened to kill the undersigned and Mr.- Unit Administrator of the DRBTC because of the decision of FI to recruit new efficient teachers.
06. That on 23.05.2003, at around 7.00 p.m. in the evening, the undersigned received a unknown call in his mobile wherein the caller gave death-threats to the undersigned and his family members. It may be mentioned here that the permanent address of the undersigned is at Brahmanbaria. The undersigned was also told that Mr. T, Unit Administrator of the DRBTC would also embrace the same fate very soon. The undersigned received another call on 02.06.2003 at around 11.00 a.m. and was threatened once again in the same manner. This time the undersigned was also told that at any favourable time the boys of the DRBTC would be attacked. On both the occasions, calls were made from the mobile No. 0171201212, which is used by one Mr. Shamim.
07. That it is clear that Mr. S is acting in connivance with the teachers who resigned from the DRBTC.
08. That the undersigned, Mr. T- Unit Administrator of the DRBTC and boys in the Home apprehend that Mr. S and his associates at any moment will attack them and will cause harm to their lives and properties.
09. That the safety of lives and properties of the undersigned, Mr. T- Unit Administrator of the DRBTC and boys in the Home are in threat.
In such circumstances, you are requested to register the above facts in your General Dairy so that in future if any offence is committed to the lives and properties of the undersigned, Mr. T- Unit Administrator of the DRBTC and boys in the Home, the undersigned and/or Intervida can take legal action.