RE: PAYMENT OF THE L/C AMOINT TO THE BENEFICIARY, Company 1 & Company 2.
We act on behalf of our client, Company 1 (“COMPANY 1”), Factory and Head office: ………………. and Mr. X, Managing Partner, Company 2 (“COMPANY 2”) have instructions to send this letter to you as follows:
1. That pursuant to the request of Company 3, our client COMPANY 1 supplied fabrics to Company 3against the Credit No. …………… dated 17.06.08 under L/C No. ………..dated 25.04.08 as per COMPANY 1 pro forma invoice No. …………. dated 18.05.2008. The total value of the said fabrics was US $23,631.75. Our client COMPANY 1 submitted the export documents to your Bank. Our client did not get the payment even after the repeated request and reminders letters to your Bank.
2. That pursuant to the request of Company 3 Limited, ……………….., our client COMPANY 2 provided services to Company 3 against the Credit No. 215008040506 dated 12.08.08 under L/C No. ……….. dated 25.04.08 as per COMPANY 2 pro forma invoice No. …………… dated 19.07.2008. The total value of the said services was US $7,868.00. Our client COMPANY 2 submitted the export documents to your Bank. Our client did not get the payment even after the repeated request and reminders letters to your Bank.
3. That your Bank kept stop payment to our client COMPANY 1 and COMPANY 2 with a lame excuse of a show-cause notice served upon your Bank by the 1st Joint District Judge, Dhaka in the Money suit No. 3/09 filed by Company 3Ltd filed where an injunction and attachment were prayed for.
4. That from the record of the 1st Joint District Judge, Dhaka in the Money Suit No. 03/09, it appears that both the injunction application and the attachment application in respect of the above stated L/C were rejected by the learned Court vide order No. 2 dated 09.02.09 and order No. 11 dated 19.08.09.Therefore, there is no legal bar in payment of above stated L/C amount to our client COMPANY 1 and COMPANY 2. The Court order is attached herewith for your kind perusal.
5. In the premises stated above, you are requested to make payment of US $23,631.75 and US $7,868.00 within 7 (seven) days of your receipt this letter.
A copy of this notice is kept in our office for future reference.
For: “The Lawyers & Jurists”