VIEW WITH CHARTS AND IMAGES
Learning summary of territory sales officer training
History of Abul Khair group
Abul Khair and company started with tobacco, the most trusted name in the tobacco industry of Bangladesh. They have been the industry since 1952 & have exporting the best quality tobacco in many countries of the world. Abul Khair group, one of the nations fast growing business conglomerate, engaged in manufacturing &marketing of many diversified fast moving consumer goods (FMCG), such ac condensed milk Beverage, Powder Milk Edible oil, Tobacco,Steel products,Cement,Tea etc.Now it has a large number of satisfied &loyal customer in domestic & international market.
• Abul Khair Condensed Milk Industries Ltd.
• Shah Dairy Products Limited.
• Abul Khair Condensed Milk & Beverage Industries limited.
• Shah diary Foods Limited.
• A K Corporation limited.
• Abul Khair tobacco Company Limited.
• Abul Khair Vegetable oil Industries Ltd.
• A.K Properties Limited.
• Smark Coconut Oil Products limited.
• Abul Khair Tea Limited
Abul Khair Consumer Goods Division
Product Name Brand Name
Condensed Milk. Starship
Full cream milk powder Starship, Marks
Mango Juice ,Orange Drink, Mango Drinks, Liche Drinks, Chocolate Milk
Snacks Shaad Chanachur, Shaad Dal Bhaza
Organization Structure of sales department of Abul Khair & Company
Duties and responsibility of T.S.O
1. Must be present in Territory point at 8.00 am.
2. Signature in attendance and movement register.
3. Checking the stock availability.
4. Checking the vehicle.
5. Assign the target among S.R on the basis of route and outlet.
6. To give the proper idea about sales promotional activities.
1. To train up the S.R Practically in the market.
2. To develop the ICR with S.R.
3. To train SR about 3 W’s (We will win) through 2 C’s (Conversion & Change or Conversion from competitor)
4. Collect competitor information.
1. Total summing up the memo and checked out.
2. Total target and sales analysis.
3. Adjust the official document.
1. 4, Maintain the Complain Register.
Administrative Activities of TSO
Followings paper works must be prepared by TSO:
1. Daily sales statement (DSS)
2. Monthly Sales Report
3. SKU wise Territory Target Sales & Stock Statement (TSS)
4. Productivity monitoring statement
5. Distributors Income Statement
6. Distributors & Company Cost statement
7. TA & DA bill of staff
8. Distributors bill
9. Target Sheet (Distributors & Territory)
10. Tour plan and market development plan.
Activities of TSO Time Management
1. 1. Sales 60%
2. Discuss with sales people
3. Administrative activities.
4. 4. Recruiting /hiring. 40%
Others necessary activities of TSO
1. Planning for daily works
2. Visiting various route with schedule or emergence
3. Talking with shop keepers to develop market
4. Dealings with complains
5. Achieving sales target by ensuring delivery
6. Reporting daily sales information to RSO
7. Implement Company policy
8. Monitoring sales team
9. Implement market Trade & Consumer Offer
10. Sales presentation for conversion & Change.
Quality of TSO
5. Hard Worker
6. Instant knowledge for Problem handling.
Essential requirement for Sale Growth
Coverage: Idea about total coverage of territory.
Outlet: Need to know total number of selling and no selling outlet
Market: Need to know about market condition.
Territory map: Need a territory map that ease to routing
Route plan: Need a clear route plan for sales growth.
1. Outlet (Wholesale/Retail)
2. Specific Sales Representative (SR) for specific route
3. Transport (Van / Scoter)
Quality of coverage
Frequency of coverage
(How time spends for all days)
Mode of coverage
(Which types of transportation support we use)
Merchandising: VISA concept
5p of Merchandising
Presentation of Product to Pursue People to Purchase
1. Total outlet visited
2. Number of productivity call
3. Range availability & selling
4. Number of close outlet
5. Reason of close outlet
6. Complain of outlet
7. Order and sales summary
8. Adequate inventory
9. Payment problem
10. Competitors coverage
11. Sales out monitoring
MARKS (FCMP) >Nido >Dano >Fresh >Kwality> Diplomat
STARSHIP (FCMP)> Nido>Dano> Fresh> Kwality> Diplomat
STARSHIP (Condensed Milk)>Danish>Goalini>Kwality>Fresh
SEYLON Tea>Ispahini>HRC>Lipton Taza>Fresh
STARSHIP Drinks>Pran>Shezan>Danish> ACME>Prome
Slogan of Abul Khair & Company to win share of competitors
3 W’s = we Will Win
This slogan inspired us as invisible hand to convert competitor’s customers to our customer with more and more customer contact. More customer contact and good relationship will ensure conversion from competitor’s product.
3 W’s through 2 C’s
We Will Win through Conversion & Change or Conversion from Competitor.
We will change the picture of market without change scenery9 customers or market). We communicate with customer more and more to convert them a loyal user of our product. We establish customer relationship marketing to sustainable market development
Introduction communication and relationship for creating new customer base
Customer Relationship Marketing for Life time Value Of customer
We have to create a consumer base and maintain long time good relationship with them that relationship will gives us life time value of customer.
9 step op selling
• Stock checking
• Order tracking
• Cash collation
• Product target
• Memo target
• SKU target
Resource of sales opportunity
4c consumer satisfaction
• Consumer solution
• Consumer cost
• Consumer convenience
• Consumer communication
SWOT Analysis of Abul Khair & Company:
• Quality products
• Strong management
• Proper coordination
• Financial strength
• Brand Value
• Group of company
• Skilled manpower SR, DSR, Product, Stock, Van Pooler, Stock keeper
• Many vehicles
• Low control & monitoring over distributor
• Old model Packaging (Shaad Snacks),
• High price (Ceylon Tea).
• Low TV & Electronic Media advertisement
• Absence of Tea bag (Ceylon)
• Low motivation of employee
• Low research & development.
• No bill board of Snacks, Beverage &Tea
• No Stretch Card or Coupon for consumer promotions
• Product development
• Finding new customers & new market
• Offering Promotional programs
• Competitive price
• Product quality improvement
• Large scale production
• Innovative distribution channel
• Competitors innovative products
• Competitors price reduction
• Competitors innovative distribution Channel
• Competitors Consumer promotional tools
• Competitors’ trade offers.
• Competitors brand image
I= Interest M=Measurable
S=Satisfaction T=Time bound
Territory Management refers to management system that assists managers to achieve all assigned sales target assigned by senior authority by utilizing all HUMAN &NON Human RESOURCES.
Territory is a specific geographical area where one or more Distribution Point (DB Point) are needed to serve a number of present & potential customer or consumers of this area with the help of a sales team witch is combination of a TSO, some SR, DSR, Driver, Van Pooler and CM.
Market Volume or Market size:
Market size refers to total consumption or demand of a product in a specific market. If we join sales of all competitors and won company then we get market size or market volume.
A set of actual and potential customer for a particular product
Market share is a portion of sales of a product of a company from the total volume of this product.
Sales/ market Size *100
Sales is the process of raising of latent demand of customer & encourage purchasing a product.
Sales is a art of merchandising which pursue customer to purchase a product
Three Types of Sales Growth Calculation:
1. Monthly Growth= (This month sales- Last Month Sales)/Last Month Sales*100
2. Month to Month Growth= (Sales of this month this year-Sales of this month last year)/Sales of this month Last Year*100
3. Yearly growth= (To date sales of this year-To date sales of last year)/To date sales of last year*100
Call Productivity Rate (CPR) = Number of Memo /Number of total Outlet *100
SKU wise productivity rate = (Number of SKU ordered of a product Line / Number of memo*100
Line per Call Rate=Number of total SKU order/Number of Memo*100
Own share: Sales/total volume*100
Monthly Sales target:
Monthly sales target is a aimed to sales a specific quantity of a product or number of products of a company in a month.
Daily Sales Target
Monthly Sales /Monthly Working Days
RE Ordering Level (ROL):
Re ordering level is such level of stock where a new order is required to maintain minimum stock for smooth distribution a product. It is essential to order for a product keeping minimum three days inventory in warehouse.
Types of Sales
1. Primary sales-Company to Distributor
2. Secondary Sales-Distributor to target Market.