An Overview On Brac Bank Limited
Banking constitutes an important segment of the financial infrastructure of any company. Generally, banking means deposit mobilization and development of those deposits into advances or investments in different sectors. That’s means bank collect deposit at lowest possible interest and provide loan and opportunity at highest interest. Between the two interests is the profit for bank. There are two type of banking that was commercial banking and another is investment banking. Commercial bank rise fund by collecting deposits from customer and business that use to make loan and customer at high interest for maximize profit. BRAC bank is one of the most popular and profitable commercial bank in Bangladesh.
As a kid banking industry BRAC Bank Limited was establish in June, 2001. Performing well as it has acquired as it has assets and human resources of higher quality. BRAC Bank Limited will be more effective in our economy by adopting modern financial technology by extending their activities in human and social welfare.
1.2 Background of the study:
Through this report an individual can expect to have a good knowledge and understanding on the various methods of operation performed by BRAC Bank Limited particularly in the area of Financial Institutional Services. From the last three months of the bank’s disbursement, everything is tried to include in precise form. Have tried to level best to put more emphasis on the Overall activities of telesales department this report is to be used only for the academic purpose. To have collected all the necessary and relevant data from various primary, secondary and tertiary sources. After three months long hard labor, it has become possible for me to make the report comprehensive
1.4 Objective of the Report:
The broad objective of this report is to study the overall activities and service providing process of Telesales Department of BRAC Bank Ltd.
- To know the activities of Telesales department in BRAC Bank Ltd.
- To know the products and services offered by BRAC Bank Ltd.
- To know the concept of Telesales and its impact in overall economy of Bangladesh
- To gain practical experience that will be helpful for my BBA program
- To identify differences between theory and practice by working directly in bank.
- To know the terms and conditions of Retail or consumers loans and deposit.
- To know the work process and monitoring system of Telesales Department.
1.5 Scope of the Report:
Scope of the study is quite clear. Since Telesales Department is dealing with all types of loan & deposit activities in the bank, studying these core themes, Opportunities are there to learn other aspects of RETAIL or Consumer matters.
- Concept of Telesales and its impact in overall economy of Bangladesh
- Importance of Telesales in context of Bangladesh
- Pioneer’s strategy regarding Telesales Department
1.6 Methodology of the Report:
The report is basically prepared on the basis of my experiences with BRAC Bank Ltd. The data have been used both as primary and secondary data.
Sources of Data Collection:
The basic sources of data collection based on primary and secondary which used in preparation of this report is obtained when went to Telesales Department of BRAC Bank Ltd., Haque Tower (4th floor), Tejgaon.
Primary data sources:
· Conversations with Associate Managers both asset and liabilities.
· Focus group meetings
· Direct observation
· Informal discussion
Secondary data sources:
· Operational manual
· Official Website
· Banking journals
· BBL newsletters
· Account statement
1.7 Data Analysis and Reporting:
Both the qualitative (such as SWOT analysis) and quantitative tools are used to analyze the gathered data and different types of computer software’s are used for reporting the gathered information from the analysis, such as – Microsoft word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint.
The study has suffered from a number of barriers
- Lack of structured and current information as the Bank’s policy does not permit to disclose various data related to my study and this is the major problem among all the problems, have encountered with.
- This report only focuses on Telesales Activities of BRAC Bank Ltd. But it does not cover other major activities like Investment, General banking and Foreign exchange etc.
- Data from BRAC Bank is highly confidential for the outside people and had no authority to use the core banking software.
- BBL changes its core banking software, MBS to Finical that’s why all the employees are very busy with their work, sometimes had to wait more than one week for a piece of information.
- Time is also a big constraint for my research. have to submit a broader deal in a shorter form of outcome.
- It was difficult to communicate with the customers, as many of them were unable to give me much time for interview.
- Had to go under my day to day job responsibility that was supposed to do so. So could get few more time to spend in collecting data for preparing my internship report.
2.1 The Internship Position and Duties:
Joined in Brac Bank Ltd. as an intern on 1st March, 2009 and complete my three months internship on the 31st May, 2009. In this period try to learn about organizational culture, their environment, punctuality, regularity, skill development, integrity etc.
At the vary beginning of my internship BBL, I learned how to open an account, which requirement is fulfill to open an account, how and home loan is provide, which criteria should fulfill to get a loan, and various type of retail product of BBL.
Firstly total duration was divided into total working days that came to a total working day of 3 months and were distributed in the following manner:
|Training||From 1st March 31st March|
|Account Opening||From 1st April 30th April|
|Loan & Advance||From 1st May 31st May|
During the first month they trained up me about my work related activities such as how to react with customers, how to fill up the customer relationship from, what requirements is needed to open an account and what criteria should a customer meet to get a loan, and how to prepare a loan file for submission to get a loan. During the training period they provide me the following information:
- The overall retail products and services of the bank.
- Which criteria have to fulfill to open an account?
- Necessary documents needed to open an account.
- Which criteria have to fulfill to get a loan and how we can calculate DBR?
- Necessary documents needed to prepare a loan file.
- What is POS & How we can customers use POS
- How to encourage customer to take our products.
- Which step we have to follow to make customers done.
- Rate of interest and annul charge of various retail products and ATM cards of BBL.
2.1.2 Account Open & close during my internship period:
In second month I have work practically in the field. Here I collect my customer and invite them to open. For this I have to fill up their form and introduce myself with my PSO and CIF No which is needed to open an account in BBL.
Here learn about how to open an account, FDR, & DPS, how many types of these, and which requirement is needed to open these. I have also learned about account closing requirement and their charges.
2.1.3 Prepare and Loan file & Loan Account during my internship period:
At the last month of my internship period have worked in loan section. Here duty is to collect right customer and open a loan account & prepare a loan file of them for submission.
Here have learned about various type of loan products & loan accounts, who can fulfill loan criteria and which document is needed to prepare a loan file and how to calculate DBR & the formula of DBR.
Debt Burden Ratio (DBR) = (EMI / AMI) (100)
= (Equated Monthly Installments / Area Median Income) (100)
If the ratio of EMI is less or Equal 40% we can provide loan to the customers.
2.2 Performance during Internship Period:
In these three months have tried my best to encourage customer to open an account, FDR, DPS & make their loan file who are interested to take loan. The chart of performance is shown bellow:
|Practical Performance List|
|Task||Number of Task||Amount (Tk)||Percentage (%)|
Figure-1.1: Performance Evaluation Graph
3.1 Organization Profile- an Overview of BRAC Bank Limited
BRAC Bank Limited, with institutional shareholdings by BRAC, International Finance Corporation (IFC) and Shorecap International, has been the fastest growing Bank in 2004 and 2005. The Bank operates under a “double bottom line” agenda where profit and social responsibility go hand in hand as it strives towards a poverty-free, enlightened Bangladesh.
A fully operational Commercial Bank, BRAC Bank focuses on pursuing unexplored market niches in the Small and Medium Enterprise Business, which hitherto has remained largely untapped within the country. In the last five years of operation, the Bank has disbursed over BDT 2500 core in loans to nearly 1,50,000 small and medium entrepreneurs. The management of the Bank believes that this sector of the economy can contribute the most to the rapid generation of employment in Bangladesh. Since inception in July 2001, the Bank’s footprint has grown to 56 branches, 350 RETAIL unit offices and 122 ATM sites across the country, In the years ahead BRAC Bank expects to introduce many more services and products as well as add a wider network of RETAIL unit offices, Retail Branches and ATMs and paid up capital of the same bank is Tk 500.million.
3.2 Background of the Organization:
BRAC Bank Limited is a scheduled commercial bank in Bangladesh. It established in Bangladesh under the Banking Companies Act, 1991 and incorporated as private limited company on 20 May 1999 under the Companies Act, 1994. The primary objective of the Bank is to provide all kinds of banking business. At the very beginning the Bank faced some legal obligation because the High Court of Bangladesh suspended activity of the Bank and it could fail to start its operations till 03 June 2001. Eventually, the judgment of the High Court was set aside and dismissed by the Appellate Division of the Supreme Court on 04 June 2001 and the Bank has started its operations from July 04, 2001.
There are two process of Banking “Branch Banking” and “Alternative Banking” in Brac Bank Ltd. Telesales is the part of alternative banking and they are the part of RETAIL Division. In Bangladesh telesales is firstly used in 1999 but Brac bank firstly lunched their telesales department in 16 September, 2006 in a small range. But now it develops vastly with 180 employees (from them eighty are female and rest hundred are male)
Building a profitable and socially responsible financial institution focused on Markets and Business with growth potential, thereby assisting BRAC and stakeholders build a “just, enlightened, healthy, democratic and poverty free Bangladesh.
3.4 Corporate Mission:
Achieve efficient synergies between the bank’s Branches, RETAIL Unit Offices and BRAC field offices for delivery of Remittance and Bank’s other products and services.
BRAC Bank will be the absolute market leader in the number of loans given to small and medium sized enterprises through out Bangladesh. It will be a world-class organization in terms of service quality and establishing relationships that help its customers to develop and grow successfully. It will be the Bank of choice both for its employees and its customers, the model bank in this part of the world.
3.6 Objectives of the Bank:
· Building a strong customer focus and relationship based on integrity, superior service.
· To creating an honest, open and enabling environment
· To value and respect people and make decisions based on merit
· To strive for profit & sound growth
· To value the fact that they are the members of the BRAC family – committed to the creation of employment opportunities across Bangladesh.
- To work as a team to serve the best interest of our owners
- To relentless in pursuit of business innovation and improvement
- To base recognition and reward on performance
- To encourage the new entrepreneurs for investment and thus to develop the country’s industry sector and contribute to the economic development.
- Fastest growing bank in the country for the last two years
- Leader in SME financing through 350 offices
- Biggest suit of personal banking & SME products
- Large ATM (Automated Teller Machine) & POS (Point of sales) network
3.8 Departments of BRAC Bank Limited:
1. Human Resources Department
2. Financial Administration Department
3. Asset Operations Department
4. Credit Division
5. RETAIL Division (Telesales & Direct sales)
6. Internal Control & Compliance Department
3.9 History of Telesales:
Some people believe that in the 1950s, Dial America Marketing, Inc became the first company completely dedicated to inbound and outbound telephone sales and services. The company, spun-off and sold by Time, Inc. magazine in 1976, became the largest provider of telephone sales and services to magazine publishing companies. The term telemarketing was first used extensively in the late 1970s to describe Bell System communications which related to new uses for the outbound WATS and inbound Toll-free services.
3.10 Telesales Department of Brac Bank Ltd:
There are two process of Banking “Branch Banking” and “Alternative Banking” in Brac Bank Ltd. Telesales is the part of alternative banking.
In Bangladesh telesales is firstly used in 1999 but Brac bank firstly lunched their telesales department in 16 September, 2006 in a small range. But now it develops vastly with 180 employees (from them eighty are female and rest hundred are male). It provides different kind of service directly to the customers or the persons who are going to be customers. On the other hand customer takes the necessary and updates information and solves problems without physical present. The BE of telesales department play a vital role to achieve the goal of bank. The both male and female BE call new and existing customers and encourage them to open an account FDR, DPS, student file in our bank or help them to get a loan if they want. If the customer are being satisfy to hare the offer of BE, then he fixed a date to open an account and one of the BE (must be male) go to the nearest branch of customer and help the customer to fill up the Customer Relationship From and singe as a customer introducer.
3.11 Location of Telesales Office:
191/A (4th Floor), Tejgan, Dhaka-1208.
Tel: +880-2-881 4441
Fax: +880-2-989 1915
3.12 Slogan of Telesales Department:
“Sell at least Three Products to an Individual Customer
There are two major categories of telemarketing. These are
The Direct selling Department of Standard Chartered Bank maintains both type of Telemarketing. But the Telesales Department of BRAC Bank Ltd. deals with retail customer and provides them retail banking activities. The reason is that BRAC Bank Ltd has another corporate banking department named Direct Selling Department.
3.14 Customer Segmentation of Telesales:
Though telesales department is a part of Retail Banking they target their customer in four categories, these are as follows:
- Business man (SME)
- Private Customer
- House Wife
3.15 Organogrum of Telesales Department:
3.16 Different Branches & ATMs of Brac Bank Ltd:
Brac Bank has 56 Branches and 122 ATM Booths in Bangladesh. These are given below:
|Branch Name Code No.|
|Gulshan Branch 1501
Banani Branch 1507
Dhanmondi Branch 1506
Mothijheel Branch 1505
Moghbazar Branch 1503
Nawabpur Branch 1502
Satmoszid Branch 1509
Rampura Branch 1512
Keranigang Branch 1504
Narayangang Branch 4301
Genakbari Branch 1508
Mirpur Branch 1511
Motijheel Graphic 1513
Sonagazi Branch 1801
Comilla Branch 1301
Shamoli Branch 1514
Monohardi Branch 4401
Tongi Branch 1515
Dohar Branch 1516
|Agrabad Branch 1101
Momin Road Branch 1102
Halishahar Branch 1103
CDA Avenue Branch 1104
Potia Branch 7101
Cox’s Bazar Branch 7401
|Sylhet Branch 6301
Zindabazar Branch 6303
Beani Bazar Branch 6302
Biswanath Branch 6304
Nobigang Branch 6306
Moulovibazar Branch 6305
|Jossor Branch 2410|
|Rajshah Branch 5501|
|Bogra Branch 701|
|Barisal Branch 501|
|On Sight ATM Booths:|
|Gulshan Branch||Agrabad Branch|
|Banani Branch||Momin Road Branch|
|Dhanmondi Branch||Halishahar Branch|
|Mothijheel Branch||CDA Avenue Branch|
|Nawabpur Branch||Potia Branch|
|Satmoszid Branch||Cox’s Bazar Branch|
|Rampura Branch||Sylhet Branch|
|Keranigang Branch||Zindabazar Branch|
|Narayangang Branch||Beani Bazar Branch|
|Genakbari Branch||Biswanath Branch|
|Mirpur Branch||Nobigang Branch|
|Motijheel Graphic||Moulovibazar Branch|
|Comilla Branch||Jossor Branch|
|Sonagazi Branch||Rajshah Branch|
|Monohardi Branch||Bogra Branch|
|Tongi Branch||Moulovibazaar Branch|
|Dohar Branch||Barisal Branch|
|Of Sight Booths|
|Baily Road Baridhara Banani Basundhara Bazar Basabo Banglabazar
Basundhara Housing Bashundhara City Bijoynagar
Raifels Square Jigatolla Mirpur Road
Donia Dakkhin Khan Elephant Road
Fakirapul Farmgate Gulshan: 1
Golapbag, Sayedabad Gulshan: 2 Hatiprpul
E-Lobby 1 Green Road Indira Road
Jatrabari Katabon Kakrail
Kazi Alauddin Road Kafrul Kakrail
Kamlapur Kawran Bazar Khilgaon
Khilkhet Kuril Malibagh
BRAC University Mohakhali Lalbagh
Moghbazar Manda Mohammadpur
Motijheel Monipuri Para Mirpur
Mugda Bishwa Road Narinda Rankin Street
Shamoly Wari Uttara
3.17 On Sight & of Sight ATM Booths:
3.18 Different cash Deposit Machine of Brac Bank Ltd:
|Deposit Through ATM Machine|
|Serial No ATM Booth|
5. Green Road
8. Delta Mirpur
10. Motijheel Graphic
11. BRAC University
12. Raifels Square
14. Fram Gate
3.19 How to Use Cash Deposit Machine:
- Maximum 50 but suggest the customer for 40 notes maximum.
- Complete the information requested at the back of envelops.
- Please cheque(s) and cash inside envelop and seal envelop.
- Don’t place any coins in envelop and follow the instruction of screen.
- Take transaction input details and keep for the future reference.
- Insert envelop into the slot.
- Take transaction input detail and keep for the future reference.
4.1 What is Telesales?
Telemarketing (known as telesales in the UK and Ireland) is a method of direct marketing in which a salesperson solicits to prospective customers to buy products or services, either over the phone or through a subsequent face to face or Web conferencing appointment scheduled during the call.
Telemarketing can also include recorded sales pitches programmed to be played over the phone via automatic dialing. Telemarketing has come under fire in recent years, being viewed as an annoyance by many.
4.2 Telesales Activities:
· Provide new information.
· Encourage people to open an account or take loan.
· Highlight the superiority of the bank to the customer.
· Help customer to open an account.
· Help customer to get a loan.
· Saturday banking information
· Inform customer about the new product of the bank
· Inform customer about all fees and charge.
· Student file query.
· Follow up the customer
· Balance Inquiry
· Account Statement
· Loan information
· Cheque Status
· Lost Card Reporting
· Credit Card Related Service.
· Information on Co-Brand Cards.
· Current interest rate of all products.
· POS point location
4.3 Process of Telesales:
Process of Telesales occurs in some following steps:
Step-1: Collect Reference
The first step of sales via telephone is to collect customer number or address to contract. In this stage Business Executive collect address or contract number from their relative, friends or other customer’s database (it may be inside or outside database of the bank).
Step-2: Call Making
In this stage Business Executives contract to the customer via mobile or telephone and introduce themselves such like that “Good morning sir, I am …..from Brac Bank”. Then they ask some bank related question like; have you any account in Brac Bank?
Step-3: Provide information
After hearing the answer of the customer the BE can easily understand what information is needed to the customer and they provide them perfectly and correctly. If the customer is existing customer, Business Executive provides information about new products, offers and interest rate or the person is going to be a customer he/ she provide him/ her about all products, services, offers and interest.
Step-4: Follow-up the customer
In this stage they call again those customers whose they provide information before and follow up them to take the product (means to open an account, FDR, DPS and loan).
Finally: Make him done
Finally they encourage customer to make him done. That means the customers are come to his/ her nearest branch and the BE go to the same brunch and help him/ her to fill up the customer relationship from and open the account, DPS, FDR, and to get loan.
4.4 Advantages of Telesales:
- Less customer time consuming and expense consuming
- Customer gets all the correct information properly.
- Telesales deliveries information on bank service (i.e. evening banking, number of branch, ATM, POS etc.)
- Telesales provide information about product.
- Encourage exciting customer to take new product
- Increase total number of sales of Brac Bank.
- No hassle, no fuss.
- Encourage new customer to open an account or to take loan from bank.
4.5 Disadvantages of Telesales:
Customer face lots of problem because the phone of business executive. They are very much angry on phone banking. Some time customers do not receive the unknown phone because their own work. That’s why the system being hazard. Though telesales is the new concept in Bangladesh most of the customers does not aware about it. So they are ready to come branch but not to talk with BE via phone. Many customers don’t believe us and go to the CSO to open an account or collect information.
4.6 Call Manner:
Business Executives of telesales have to maintain a specific call manner or call process to provide better service to the valued clients, which are given below:
Ø Take permission from customer for holding
Ø Monogramming of call.
Ø Avoid excuse.
Ø Giving the caller subdividing communication.
Ø Giving spoken feedback of customer in positive manner.
Ø Avoiding mouth noise.
Ø Using question, listening, summarizing
4.7 Agent Attitudes:
- Maintain call structure.
- Confidence voice.
- Spoken feedback
- Different between good and great service
- Voice conversation must be clear and clean.
- Strong personality.
- Smiling face.
- Good listing skill.
4.8 Call Structure:
4.9 Performance Evaluation of Telesales Department:
|Month||No. of Calls||Feedback||No. of Calls||Feedback|
Interpretation: about above chart
According the above chart we can see that the number of calls in 2009 is higher then the months of 2008. But the feedback of 2009 is lower than the months of 2008. The main reason of these lowest feedback is job switching and became permanent of the senior BEs. Although, HR department of Brac Bank Limited has recruited new BEs, they are not trained enough as like as the senior BEs.
Figure-4.1: No. of calls and feedback
4.10 Good Customer Service:
Customer service agents have to occupy some skill and abilities to provide the better services to customer that are given below:
· Opening with Smiling Face.
· Positive Attitude.
· Helping Mode.
· Good Pronunciation.
· Answer to the Point.
· Customer Need Understand.
· Listening Power.
· Give Alternative Solution.
· Don’t interrupt with customer.
· Trademark Closing.
· Motivational Power.
· Be free & Go Close to the customers
4.11 Bad Customer Service:
· Opening without smile.
· Lack of listening.
· Don’t Understand the customer
· Lack of Patient.
· Unnecessary Talking.
· Bad Pronunciation.
· Wrong Information.
· Rude voice.
· Interrupt the customer.
· Don’t enjoy the conversation.
4.12 Responsibility of the Customer Service Agent Service:
- Ensure proper opening and closing of conversation with customer.
- Maintain courtesy & politeness while conversing with customer
- Ensure one stop service provided to customers
- Handle customer complaints with diligence.
- Ensure mystery shopper rating is achieved as per standard.
4.13 Product knowledge:
- Have a thorough knowledge on BBL products and camping.
- Be updated on the new product lunches & latest marketing.
- Perform up to mark in the monthly quiz (Min 80%).
- Ensure customer queries are responded to efficiently and accurately.
- Ensure action & stop payment of cheques and blocking of ATM are processed accurately and promptly.
- Ensure accuracy is maintained while processing customer instructions. Team work.
- Maintain cooperative and friendly attitudes others BE.
- Guide and train new BE.
- Ensure logged in time & break time is maintained as per requirement and punctuality maintained.
- Handle peak hour pressure, downtimes efficiently (other job should be done during off peak hrs).
- Avoid loud conversation/ laughter and food while logged-in.
4.16 Customer Type:
Customers are divided into three types, such as:
|Types||% of total customer|
|Premium banking Customer||10%|
Figure-4.2: Customer Types
4.17 Customer compliments:
- The valued clients are pleased for getting services through Tele Banking.
- The interacting process of the “Tele Banking” agent is highly appreciated by the customers
- The customers appreciate the new promotional packages of any product.
- What a great process to serve the customer service it is through the Tele Banking as a local in Bangladesh.
- Agents of the Tele Banking department are different.
- Tele Banking agents try to solve the problem instantly.
4.18 Customer’s complaints:
The valued clients don’t interest to aspect the new delivery process of “cheque Books” and “ATM Cards”
- Our valued customers don’t to accept the cheque activation process.
- The valued clients want to get a good co- operation from the branch
- The sales executives do not get the complete information especially about the charges of any product
- The branch employees do not inform the valued customer about his / her cheque which is sent for collection. They always consume much time also.
- Customer can’t not login “Internet Banking” frequently.
- Bills payable Machine consumes more time to credit amount of customers an account.
- The Money, which is accepted by ATM booth. is credited amount after long period of time
- Holding problem: customer hold for a long time.
- After long time call waiting the call will be automatically disconnected
4.19 Customer’s Suggestion:
- Service quality should be developed.
- Service should be easy and faster.
- More Branch and ATM booth.
- Word of Business Executive should be clear and attractive.
- Provide correct and effective information.
- Sound knowledge about the product of BE.
4.20 Sales Volume of Telesales Department:
|Sales Volume of Telesales Department|
If we see the figure we can easily understand that the sales volumes of Telesales Department have been fluxed in every month. In the month of April both the amount & the number of the sales of the products have been increased. But in May both the amount & the number of the sales of the products have been decreased, because of the change of interest rate both loan & deposit product.
Figure-4.3: Three Months Sales Volume of Telesales Department
4.21 Telesales Related Services:
Telesales services are divided into following parts. These are given bellow:
Account Related Service:
- Balance Query
- Transaction Details
- Loan account Details
- ATM Card Related Service
Product Related Service:
§ Deposit Product
§ Card Product
§ Loan Product
Banking Related Service:
o Evening Banking
o Saturday Banking
o Internet Banking
4.21.1 Account Related Service:
When customer want to know about their account balance, transaction details, and loan account details and stop or lose their ATM card & cheque book we provide guide line to the customers. For account Balance and loan account information Business Executive ask customer following things. Such as:
a. Account name
b. Date of birth
c. Mobile number
d. Communication address
If customer fail answer the question properly, they can not get the account related service.
4.21.2 Product Related Service:
Different types of Account:
Brac Bank Ltd. is now offering different dynamic products for mobilizing the saving of general people are as follows:
Any Individual, self employed, proprietorship, club, charity, and private company can open this account. Its opening balance is TK: 15000 & ROI 5.5% p.a. (interest credit to account – half yearly). Its relationship fee: TK. 920, Card Fee: TK.598 yearly.
It is a non interest bearing current account. Any Individual, self employed, proprietorship, club, charity, and private company can open this account. Its opening balance is TK: 15000. Its relationship fee: TK. 920, Card Fee: TK.598 yearly.
Ezee Account is an interest bearing non cheque Account. Individual & corporate people can open this account. Its opening balance is TK: 10000 & ROI 4% p.a. (June 30th and 31st December) Card Fee: TK.598 yearly. Customer can get 12 page chequek books on request.
Small and medium sized business (only sole proprietorship business) can open this account. It’s an interest bearing current account. Its opening balance is TK: 10000 & ROI 4% p.a. (interest credit to account – half yearly). Bizness Account will be given opened in the name of the business & Card will be given in the name of the proprietor. Its fees & charges: TK. 1000 =15% vat =1150.00 per year.
TBSA means Triple Benefit Saving Account. In this account three benefits are offered to the customers. These benefits include unlimited transaction, maximum 8% interest & totally charge free account. To get this benefit customer should keep at lest TK. 50000 averagely in every month. The opening balance of this account is TK. 50000. If customer fail to keep monthly TK. 50000 in their account, he will punish and cutoff TK. 750 for half yearly.
MNCs, LLCs, NGOs, Large Proprietorship, Partnership Firm & Minimum 10 permanent staff employed at any point of time. Minimum monthly total pay roll TK. 100k and an average salary per employ of TK. 10000 per month. Its interest rate is 4% p.a. interest credited twice a year and Card Fee: TK. 345 yearly.
Account Opening Requirements:
- 2 pp size photograph – Account Holder.
- 1 pp size photograph – Nominee.
- An Introducer from of BRAC Bank is needed.
- Any identification documents such as current valid passport, valid driving license or voter ID card.
- Proof of residence – copy of a utility bill (i.e. BTTI, DESCO, GAS).
Additional for Business:
- 6.Trade License
- Copy of Memorandum & articles of the association (For Ltd. company).
- Board of Resolution copy.
- Proof of ID.
- Proof of residence – copy of a utility bill (i.e. BTTI, DESCO, GAS).
Account Opening Requirements:
- Account Opening Form (AOF) duly completed and signed.
- Passport Copy – 1st 6 pages or copy of the national ID card.
- Nominee Form.
- Risk assessment profile.
- 2 Copies of photograph dully attested by the introducer.
- 1 Copies of Nominee’s photograph dully attested by the Account Holder.
Non Resident Bangladeshi:
- Resident Permit / Work permit.
- Copy of the passport
- Passport size photograph – 2 Copies.
- Photograph of the Nominee
- Proof of Address
Type of FDR:
|Tenor||100K-<500K||500K-<5M||5M and Above|
Freedom Fixed Deposits:
|Freedom Fixed Deposit|
|Tenor (months)||100K-<5M||5M-< Above|
Interest First FDR:
|Interest First FDR|
|3 months||100K & Above||8.50%|
|6 months||100K & Above||8.50%|
|12 months||100K & Above||8.50%|
|Principle Amount & Rare of Interest|
|Tenor||100K-999K||1000K-4999K||5000K-9999K||10000K & +|
Deposit Premium scheme’s monthly installment can not be as low as Tk.500 or any multiplies like Tk.1000, Tk.2500, Tk.5000 and so on. Customers are free to choose the maturity of his or her DPS and they also selected the period like 4 years, 7 years, 11 years and 14 years it’s depending on customer’s convenience.
|Term||Rate of Interest|
DEBIT VISA CARD:
Visa debit card is a popular mode of withdrawal/payment option. Globally, more visa payment transactions are made using visa debit cards than visa credit cards. With a debit card the money for each transaction comes directly out of your linked bank account.
4 3 2 1 4 9
- From ATM BDT 50,000 per day but customer can use 5 times in a day.
- From Brac Bank’s Branch POS BDT 1, 00,000 per day withdrawal limit.
- There would be no fees if the transaction takes taka place in Brac Bank ATMs & POS. But there will be small charges (which is currently $ 1 per transaction) if any cash withdrawal takes place in other Bank’s VISA enable ATMs.
- There will also be no fee if you use the card in other Bank’s merchant POSs.
Annual Fees: BDT 520 + 15% vat = BDT 598.00
BRAC Bank Aarong co-branded ATM card is a new variant (product/brand extension) of our existing ATM card, which is designed to leverage the high brand value of Aarong – the most popular retail chain of gift/design house of Bangladesh. This card has similar functionality as our classic BRAC Bank ATM card with extra advantage of having “Cash BRAC” facility. The holder of the card will get a 5% discount on every purchase at any Aarong outlet. This discount will be directly credited into the cardholder’s account for each purchase at Aarong.
Annual Fee for the Card: The fee is Taka. 575.00 (With 15% VAT)
BRAC Bank ALICO co-branded ATM card is a new variant (product/brand extension) of our existing ATM card, which is designed to leverage the high brand value of American Life Insurance Company. This card has similar functionality as our classic BRAC Bank ATM card with extra advantage of having “Insurance Coverage”. The Bank on behalf of the customers will pay insurance premium.
Annual Fee for the Card: The fee is Taka. 575.00 (With 15% VAT)
Dia Gold Card:
BRAC Bank Dia Gold co-branded ATM card is a new variant (product/brand extension) of our existing ATM card, which is designed to leverage the brand value of Dia Gold. This card has similar functionality as our classic BRAC Bank ATM card with extra advantage of getting “Discount” for purchasing jewelry items from Dia Gold outlets.
Annual Fee for the Card: The fee is Taka. 575.00 (With 15% VAT)
Keep an extra 15 month’s salary in your pocket. You can get BRAC Bank Salary loan, Loan against your salary. If you are a salaried individual working in Bangladesh, Please read on. Because Salary Loan from BRAC Bank has been designed with just you in our minds.
Who can apply?
- Employed as a regular salaried staff
- Have minimum age of 25 years, max -53 years (at the time of application)
- If you earn a gross monthly salary of Tk. 10000
BRAC Bank introducing Doctor’s Loan, an exclusive loan facility for the Doctor’s fraternity. Now practicing Doctor’s can avail this loan very easily to meet their professional needs. So prescribe yourself a dream today. Anti-Headache solution for Doctor’s.
Who can apply?
- Having M.B.B.S. with 2 years of experience
- A salaried or a self employed Doctor’s
- Aged between 25 to 55 years
‘You choose while we pay’!! Life is good make it better when you can enjoy BRAC Bank NoW Loan. In case you need to purchase home appliances, furniture’s, computer or other consumer durables for personal use, we offer you the most appropriate solution with our Now loan.
Who can apply?
· BRAC Bank account holder aged from 25 to 55
· A salaried employee with minimum monthly income of TK 15, 000
· Employed in your current organization for two years