Endowment in Favour of a Diety in a Temple
THIS DEED OF ENDOWMENT is made on this the . . . . . . . . day of . . . . . . . . , 20 . . . . . . . .by A.B., etc.
WHEREAS I have created (or am desirous of creating) a temple at . . . . . . . and have established (or, and am establishing) a deity by the name of . . . . . . . . Maharaj in the said temple.
AND WHEREAS I am desirous of dedicating the properties mentioned in the First and Second Schedules hereto to the said deity (and for the cost of construction of the said temple) and to secure the worship of the said deity in the said temple and of making a religious endowment of the said properties in the manner hereinafter appearing.
AND WHEREAS the value of the said properties is Rs. . . . . . .
NOW THIS DEED WITNESSES and hereby declares as follows:
1. In pursuance of my said desire I hereby grant, set apart, dedicate and appoint ALL that landed and house property described in the First Schedule and all those securities and movable property described in the Second Schedule hereto to and for the worship of the said deity absolutely for ever in the manner hereinafter contained.
2. I hereby constitute and appoint myself the first Shebait for the purposes aforesaid and direct that after my death my eldest son and after his death his eldest male descendant in the male line shall succeed successively as Shebait and that if any Shebait dies without leaving any male descendant then his widow and after her death the eldest of the male heirs of the last male Shebait shall succeed and failing such male heirs, any officer of government appointed by the government or court will be Shebait who will have the power to appoint sub-Shebaits under him removable at his pleasure. If any person entitled to succeed is a minor, then the guardian for the time being of the property of such minor shall be the Shebait during the term of his guardianship.
3. The Shebait shall not have power to sell or mortgage or otherwise transfer the properties hereinbefore dedicated except in case of urgent necessity and with the permission of the District Judge for the time being of . . . . . . . . . . .
4. If any person entitled to be a Shebait shall renounce the Hindu religion or transfer any portion of the dedicated property in violation of the condition hereinbefore recited or being a female should become unchaste then he or she shall for the purposes of this deed be considered to be dead and the person next entitled to succeed as Shebait shall succeed.
5. The Shebait for the time being shall hold the said properties hereinbefore dedicated in trust to manage the same to the best advantage with full power to let out the same and in the event of an involuntary transfer of any portion of the immovable property to invest the value or price thereof or any compensation received therefor in landed property or the securities of the Government of India and will have power to vary such investments from time to time.
6. The income of the said properties hereinbefore dedicated shall be applied first in the maintenance and repair of the said property and the payment of land revenue, cesses, taxes and other outgoings in respect of the same and the Shebait after deducting a remuneration for himself of . . . . . . . . per cent of the gross income and collections shall lay out and expend the remainder of the said income in the daily worship of the said deity and in defraying the expenses of the usual festivals in the manner and according to the customs of the family with full liberty to apply a portion of such income to the improvement of the said property hereinbefore dedicated or to purchase other property to be included in the said dedication.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF parties have signed this deed on the . . . . day of . . . . . . . .
Signed by . . . . . . . .
in the presence of . . . . . . . .
and of . . . . . . . .