Special Requisitions in Case of Sale of Agricultural Land
(1) What is the total area of land in the possession of the vendor? Are they all in his khas possession and also under personal cultivation? Are they situated in irrigated or non-irrigated area? Are there any bhagchase in the property?
(2) In case the lands are held since before the acquisition of the interest of intermediaries under the Estate Acquisition Act 1953 have the vendor submitted return in terms of s. 6 of the said Act? Did the vendor file any return in Form No. 10 of the West Bengal Land Reforms Act 1955 (see r. 15A of the West Bengal Land Reforms Rules 1965)? If so, please produce a copy of the same for my inspection. Old rent receipts granted by zamindars are to be produced.
(3) Who are the person or persons actually cultivating the lands and the nature of products? Was there any proceeding or report to the Bhag Chase Board in connection with the land? Any person other than the owner cultivating the same not being a member of his family. [Vide West Bengal Land Reforms (Amendment) Act 1977. Amended s. 21B of the Act].
(4) What is the total area of lands in possession of the members of the vendor’s family? Did the same ever exceed the maximum ceiling limit permitted under the Estate Acquisition Act and its amendments from time to time. Are they also benamdars of the vendor or real owners?
(5) Are the lands subject to any levy? How much paddy is delivered by the vendor? Please produce the relevant papers in that connection.
Any proceedings in the High Court in connection with the levy under Art. 226 of the Constitution of India?
(6) Was the land ever subject to any proceeding under the Bengal Restoration of Alienated Land Act (Act XXIII of 1937) or the West Bengal Acquisition and Settlement of Homestead Land Act (W.B. Act XV of 1969)? If so give full particulars.
(7) Name of the Gram Panchayat and taxes if any payable.
(8) Mutation certificate of the J.L.R. rename of the vendor.
(9) Names of the co-sharers in the jama (they have right of pre-emption under s. 8 of the West Bengal Land Reforms Act 1955).
(10) What is the amount of rent and public charges e.g. road cess, education cess, etc. in respect of the lands?
Please produce receipts showing payments up to date.
(11) Corresponding C.S. Khatians are to be produced for inspection.
(12) In cases of transfer of land by a member of the Scheduled Tribes, permission of the Revenue Officer. (Chapter IIA of the West Bengal Land Reforms Act 1955).