The Management Process of Robi GSM Bangladesh Ltd.
Background of the report
This report based on “the management process of Robi (an Axiata group), Bangladesh”
Reason for preparing this report
The main reason behind preparing this report is to get the authentic idea about the roles and responsibilities of the manager of the organization and going to improve the value of our knowledge regarding the manager’s performances and having a personal experience by visiting the organization. It really helped us to have good practical contact with the organization. The main purpose of this report is to determine what is different and similarity of manager’s roles and responsibilities between theory and practice.
It is a project of managerial hierarchy and their roles and their responsibility. In order to accomplish the objectives, data have been collected from the ROBI GSM Bangladesh Ltd., from the different managerial experience.
Sources of Data:
Both primary and secondary sources of data are used to complete the study. They are:
1. Primary Data:
Among the primary sources of data collecting:-
# Staff and managers of ROBI GSM Bangladesh Ltd.
2. Secondary Data:
Among the secondary sources of data collecting:-
# Visiting websites www.Robi.com and web links.
# Reading Newspapers and Journals.
# Studying Relevant Books.
Sources and methods of collecting information
The sources of prepare this report is consolidations of major and important information. Apart this we can use the different articles from books, journal, magazine and some website. Our visiting organization also us to collect specific data and information
Scope and limitations
I faced some problems at the time of preparing this report such as time constraints and some other realistic problem. In addition, the data are given by ROBI GSM Bangladesh was not enough to complete this project. They did not provide some of their issues that I am looking for. This total project is based on primary and secondary data and at the same time all the resources are reliable. So I collected the information from sources like background, ROBI GSM Service providers etc.
Objective of this report
Objectives give a true essence of purpose and direction. I set my goals and plan in such a way that I can achieve my goal and to reach my destination I some specific objectives that helped us to complement our project in due time.
i. To identify the roles and responsibilities of managers.
ii. What are the roles and responsibilities of different levels of Managers in practical life as well as how much they are implementing in an organization.
iii. Difference between theoretical and practical concept.
iv. To identify the organ gram of the organization.
v. To be known about the managerial performance.
vi. To get the real picture of corporate organization.
By completing this project we will learn
# Learn how to attain more experience in different levels organization hierarchy.
# Learn how to make a manager’s roles and responsibilities at different level of organization hierarchy.
# Learn how to overcome from difficulties of an organization hierarchy.
Definition of Management
According to Mary Parker Follet —
“Management has been called the art of getting things done through others.”
In this definition the emphasis’s given on “getting things done” — achieving the goals of the organization. In every organization managers make some arrangement of activities that would be carried by the subordinates. Manager’s main duty has to have work performed somehow by his subordinates.
But this is not fully appropriate. As managers must perform something, some jobs to activate others-that’s why the above definition is not current.
According to Mescon, Albert and Franklin —
Management is the process of planning; organizing, leading and controlling the efforts of organization members and of using all other organization resources to achieve stated or predetermined organization goals.
In this definition in emphasis given on 3 things. First of all Management is processes process means systematic way of doing anything. In Management every thing is done following a process. This process involves number of function and these functions are one after another.
Secondly, Management is a process of Planning, Organization, Leading and Controlling- And the main thing is carrying out steps is to achieve organization goals or objectives.
Thirdly, to fulfill these goals and objectives a manager has to use all the organizational resources, such as financial sources, human resources, information resources, material resources, equip mental and machineries.
So it is a standard and complement definition according to many management scientists.
Figure: The Management Process
According to George T. Tarry —
Management is a distinct process consisting of activities of planning, organizing, actuating and
controlling, perform to determined and the use of human being and other resources.
It confirms that management is a process consisting planning, organization, leading and controlling and these are to be carried out to predetermined goals through the use of the organization resources.
Process means doing something in a systematic way. Management is called a process because all managers regardless of their status, position and Management is called organization have to engage in some inter related activities which are to be carried out in a systematic way.
A model has been developed to describe management process showing the major functions of management, such as—
1. Planning: Planning is the process of establishing goals and objectives of the organization and setting up the courses of actions to achieve these goals and objectives. In the first step of planning goals and objectives are established for the entire organization. Then goals and objectives are established for each department or unit of the organization. Then courses of actions and procedures and programs and establish to achieve these goals and objectives.
Planning is done by all level managers but top level managers make the plan for entire organization, for a large period of time and involving large amount of budgets. But middle level managers and lower level managers make the plans for their own departments or branch relatively for shorter period of time and involving small budget.
2. Organizing: Organization is a process of arranging and allocating the works, authority and resources among the organizational members so that they can do their jobs to achieve the goals and objective of the organization.
After establishing the goals and objectives and programs and procedures for achieving these goals and objectives, managers must design an organization structure and staff the organization that is able to carry out these procedures and organization.
Different goals and objectives require different organizational structures. Therefore organization structure must match the goals and objective and resources of the organization.
3. Leading: After designing the organization and staffing it that is recruiting and selecting, training, placing of the employees on their respective jobs, managers must guide and lead these employees toward the achievement of the organizational goals and objectives. The leading functions involved directing, motivating, influencing and actuating the employees to do their jobs more effectively, efficiently and enthusiastically.
4. Controlling: controlling is the process of ensuring that actual performance of the
Organization members match the standard of performance. The controlling function involves the following 4 steps —
a. Establishing the standard of performance.
b. Measuring the actual performance with the standard of performance and comparing it with standards of performance.
c. Detecting deviation between the actual performance and standards of performance *if any*.
d. Taking corrective actions if deviation are detecting.
Management process does not involve 4 separate or 4 loosely related functions. It involves 4 interrelate or interactive functions.
A standard of performance is a means of controlling. But setting standards is an important activity of planning and an important part of organization and leading similarly, taking corrective action is a step of controlling. But it something require change in original plan.
Figure: Management in Organization
For example —-
Managerial responsibilities can be discussed under the following attributes —-
1. Managers work with and through other people.
2. Managers are responsible and accountable.
3. Managers balance competing goals and set priorities.
4. Managers must think analytical and conceptually.
5. Managers are mediator.
6. Managers are politicians.
7. Managers are diplomats.
8. Managers are symbols.
9. Managers make difficult decision.
1. Manager’s work with and through other people: Managers must work with anyone at any level within and outside of the organization who can help the achievement of the organization goals.
2. Managers are responsibilities and accountable: Managers are in charge of evaluating that the task of the organization is carried out successfully. Managers are responsibilities for the action of their subordinates. All employees of the organization are responsible for their own job. But manager are responsible for their own jobs and also for the jobs of their subordinates.
3. Managers balance competing goals and set priorities: A managers has to perform a number of activities, achieve a number of goals, solve a number of problems, decide on a number of issues, etc. Involving the resources of the organization and time, energy and efforts of themselves which are limited therefore managers must make a priority list of these activities, goals, PROBLEMS AND DECISIPNS, ETC. Assigning their resources, time energy and efforts for the maximum utilization.
4. Managers must thing analytically and conceptually: When a manager faces a problem, he should divide the problem into a number of components. Then he should collect data about their components and analysis these data to produce a solution to the problem.
5. Managers are mediator: When there are disputes and conflicts among the employees of the organization, manager must act as effective mediators to resolve these disputes and conflicts.
6. Managers are politicians: A manager must build relation with other managers with the organization. A manager must use persuasion and compromise to promote and achieve his programs and goals as politicians do to move their political program forwardly. This is done to gain the supports and co-operation from other people and other departments of the organization.
7. Managers are diplomats: Managers must deal with the outside like customers, dealers, distributors, supplier etc. In dealing with there people managers must be diplomatic and tactful in promoting and protecting the interest of the company.
8. Managers are symbols: Managers must be the symbol of success and discipline of the organization both to the internal people and outdoors.
9. Managers make difficult decisions: When a manager faces crucial problem, he should come up immediately with a feasible to the problem. He should follow through on their solution or decision for the welfare of the organization even if there is chance of becoming unpopular by doing this.
Levels of Managers
a. First line or first level managers
b. Middle managers of mid-level managers
c. Top managers or top-level managers
Top Level Managers
Middle Level Managers
First line Managers
a. First line or first level managers: The lowest levels of managers who are Responsible for the activities of others in the organization are called first line or first level manager.
They supervise and control the operating people (work of the company). They cannot supervise and control the managers of the organization. Like — foreman, Production supervisor.
b. Middle managers of mid-level managers: The managers who are occupying the mid-range in the organization hierarchy are called the middle manager of mid-level managers.
These managers may include more than one level. This manager, Directs supervises and controls the managers.
c. Top managers or top-level managers: The managers who are responsible for overall management of an organization are called top managers or top level managers. They formulate the operating politics of the organization. They make the organizational strategies and they guide the organization interactions with its Environment. Example-may is managing director or board of directors.
TIME SPENT CARRYING MANAGEMENT FUNCTION
Top level: The major duties of top level managers are they have to pay much more in carrying out management function. They spend more time to set planning, organizing, and controlling rather than mid level, and lower level managers. On the other hand they spend less time in leading.
Mid-level: Mid-level managers spend medium time in carrying out each and every faction of management. So, they require spending their time in such a way that, their spending would not be more than top level managers would as well as not less than lower level managers.
First-level: First level managers spend their time in leading. But they have a contribution in planning, organization, and controlling but it is less than top or mid level managers.
According to activities of the organization managers are classified into 2 classes –
a. Function managers
b. General managers
a. Functional managers: Managers who are responsible for only one particular/specific function of the organization are called functional manager. Like
· Production manager — responsible for production
· Finance manager — responsible for finance
b. General Managers: Managers who are responsible for various activities of the organization *particular department, particular unit, and particular branch* are called General Manager.
1. Technical skills: Knowledge/ability to use a process, technique, procedure or any specialized activities.
2. Human skills: knowledge and ability to work with other effectively to understand other people, to motivate other people both has individuals and groups. Believes, attitudes, values, feelings inhale from family, society, and groups in the work place, philosophical goals of the organization nature in which he lives.
3. Conceptual skills: It is the ability to co-ordinate and integrates the various interact of the organization. All level managers of the organization must require all types of skill, but the degree or extent of these requirement vary with levels of manager.
|First level||Technical||More important|
|Mid level||Human||Human skills are important for all managers|
|Top level||Conceptual||More important|
Figure: Skills and Management Levels
Henry Mint berg, he conducted a research study on the managerial role. He identified 10 managerial roles on the basis of the finding of research. These 10 managerial roles are classified into 3 classes —-
1. Interpersonal Role: a. Figurehead
2. Informational Role: a. Monitor
3. Decision making Role: a. Entrepreneur
b. Distribution handler
c. Resource allocator
Table-1. Adapted from h. Mint berg, the Nature of Managerial Work, Harper and Row, 1973
|*Figurehead||To attend ceremonies and represent the organization.|
|*Leader||To motivate subordinates.|
|*liaison||To develop and maintain contracts with outsides to gain benefits for the organization.|
|*Monitor||Top seek information of relevance to the organization.|
|*Disseminator||To transmit to insiders information relevant to the work unit.|
|*Spokesperson||To transmit to outsiders information relevant to the organization.|
|*Entrepreneur||To seek problems and opportunities and take action in respect of them.|
|*Disturbance handler||To resolve conflicts among personsWithin the organization.|
|*Resource allocator||To make choice allocating resources to various uses within the organization.|
|*Negotiator||To conduct formal negotiations with third parties, such as unions officials.|
1. Interpersonal Role: Management sometimes has to perform some routine duties of social nature. These are called interpersonal role –
a. Figurehead: As a figurehead, managers has to perform certain ceremonial duties in the organization such as greeting the visitors, inviting the clients to a lunch or dinner, attending the wedding ceremony of sons or daughter of the bosses or subordinates, attending the social function of the community in which the organization is located.
b. Leader: As a leader, a manager has to lead guide the people toward the achievement of the organizational goals. Role of a includes
*Recruitment and selection
*Training and development
*Actualization of the people to do their job more effectively and efficiently.
c. Liaison: as a liaison, managers has to deal with people within the organization such as; superiors, subordinates, press, trade union leader, collective bargaining agents *CBA* of the organization, etc.
As a liaison a manager also has to deal with the people outside of the organization; such as customers, dealers, suppliers, government organization and mass media.
2. Information Role: Managers receive information etc. from their superiors for downward transmission to their subordinates. They also receive information etc. from the subordinates for upward transmission to their superiors. This receiving and communicating information are called information role.
a. Monitor: As manager always looks for or information both within and outside of the organization and collect these information through his network.
b. Disseminator: As a disseminator a manager distributes necessary information to their subordinates where they are needed and when they are needed.
c. Spokesman: As a spokesperson manager has to transmit the necessary information to other departments of the organization, to their superiors and also to the people outside of the organization.
3. Decision making Role: Managers have to establish some guideline for the performing the activities of the organization. This role is known as decision- making role.
a. Entrepreneur: As an entrepreneur manager try to improve and develop their own departments, units, branches or the entire organization. When the managers receive or generate new business ideas or new product ideas they try to materialize these ideas into the reality.
b. Disturbance handlers: As disturbance handler, handler, manager resolves the disputes and conflicts the managers and managers.
c. Resource allocator: As are sources allocator, manager decides how, how much and to whom different resources of the organization are to be allocated.
d. Negotiators: As a negotiator, manager has to bargaining or negotiates the terms and conditions of agreements with the people within the organization and also outside of the organization.
|Figurehead Interpersonal Leader|
|EntrepreneurDecisional Disturbance handler|
Figure: The Managerial Role
Measuring the performance of the managers
Peter Drucker: He suggested that managerial performance can be measured in term two concepts —
1. Efficiency: According to peter Drucker, efficiency means – doing the things. It is the ability of the managers to perform their jobs correctly or properly.
2. Effectiveness: On the other hand effectiveness means – the right things. It is the ability of the manager to choose the right jobs for doing.
ROBI is the dynamic and leading end-to-end countrywide GSM mobile communication solutions of TM International *Bangladesh* Limited. It is a joint venture company between Telecom Malaysia Berhad and A.K Khan and Co. Limited which was established id the year 1996 and services launched in 1997 under the braNd name ROBI.
ROBI is proud to be associated as part if the Telecom Malaysia Group*TM*, which is strong financially, and internationally renowned for its successful ventures like MTN, the market leader the telecommunication industry in Sri Lanka. It has a global presence in 11 countries with staff strength of 30,000 Group wide. TM has recently made a couple of major acquisitions in India and Indonesia in the effort to stamp its presence internationally
Since the commencement of its operation, ROBI has been a force to be reckoned with in the telecommunication industry of Bangladesh, being one of the fastest growing mobile communication companies offering comprehensive GSM mobile solutions to more than two million subscribers. Today, ROBI boast the widest International Roaming service in the market connection 315 operator to connect Tetulia and Teknaf, the northern and southern most points of Bangladesh. ROBI was also the first to provide seamless coverage along the Dhaka-Chittagong highway. With a network covering all 61 *allowable* districts of Bangladesh, coupled with the first Intelligent Network *IN* Prepaid Platform in the country, ROBI is geared to provide a wide range of products and services to customers all over Bangladesh.
Today, ROBI is recognized as a leading brand in Bangladesh and this is driven by our persistent pursuit of quality and technology, putting it clearly ahead of the rest. The future with ROBI is promised to be exciting as we strive to employ the best resources and latest technology in offering many more innovative and exciting products and services.
Name of Company : ROBI GSM Bangladesh Ltd.
Year of Established : 1997
Scope of work : Finding out roles and responsibilities at different levels.
Address : Corporate Address
Silver Tower*1st Floor*
52, South Gulshan C/A,
Phone: +88-02-9887146-8, 9885467-8
Fax : +88-0189-411921
Mobile : +88-0189-210852
Website : www.Robi.com
Operator Name: Celcom*Malaysia* Sdn
Network Name: Celcom GSM
Technology: GSM 900
Network Status: Live April 1995
Web Site: www.celcom.com.my
Revenue in Taka : 1997: 550 million
1999: 650 million
2001: 800 million
2003: 900 million
2004: 950 million
Salary structure of Robi GSM Bangladesh Ltd(2004).
|Level of Managers||Designations||Salary per month|
|Board of Director||Chairman||5,00000|
|Top-level managers||Managing directorDeputy managing|
80,000Mid-level managersDGM AdministrativeDGM Accounting
50,000Lower-levelmanagersAccounting managersSales managers
Robi GSM Bangladesh Ltd. Provides the following service:-
ROBI Standard Connection allows both-way Outgoing and Incoming facilities along with the mobile connection facility. This is a zonal subscription with National Roaming Facility. Local, NWD and IDD call facilities are available under this subscription.
Post- paid Mobile plus
ROBI Mobile-plus Connection allows BTTB Incoming facility along with the regular nationwide mobile-to-Mobile connection facility. This product has been first introduced by ROBI in Bangladesh and has enjoyed great popularity since inception.
Post- Paid Mobile Link
This is the most basic product of ROBI featuring both Outgoing and Incoming Mobile-to Mobile Connection facility and a host of value Added Services.
· Calling Line Identification Presentation *CLIP*
· Call Forwarding/Diverting
· Call waiting/Holding
· Itemized Bill
· Location Based Tele Ramadan
· Pre-Paid Billing Information through SMS
· SMS based Content Service *News, Weather tones, Logos, Pictures etc*
· ROBI Mobile – stock
· Mobile-Banking Facility
· Voice Mail Service *VMS*
· Short Massage Service *SMS*
· Nationwide Roaming *Throughout Country Flat Rate*
· 24 Hours Customer Care Service
* Both-way connectivity with any Mobile and
Land Worldwide *Local/NWD/ISD*
· 10 Seconds pulse for Charging
· Pre-Activated SIM card with Pr-Paid Loaded amount for ensuring the instant access
· No monthly line rent and credit limit
· Unique Charging even while Roaming
· Freedom to Roam under ROBI Network *61 districts*
· Minimum Registration Costs and wide range of handsets
· Pre-Paid Information Center – like IVR services
· 1st minute BTTB incoming free.
*Exclusive Nationwide Mobile-to Mobile Connecting facility
*Allows any incoming call BTTB number
*Global incoming facility
*No monthly line rent and limit
*No incoming charge for receiving call from any Mobile
*Introduced by ROBI for the first time in Bangladesh
*1st minute BTTB incoming free
*Outgoing and Incoming facilities from any Mobile operators
*No monthly line rent and credit limit
*No incoming charge for receiving call from any mobile
· Call Waiting
· Call Divert
· Voice Mail Service *VMS*
· Short Message Service *SMS*
· ROBI Tele Ramadan
· Multi-Denomination Vouchers availability through e-fill *BDT 50, 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, 600* with BDT 300 and 600 Denomination Physical Scratch Card
· First minute BTTB incoming free
- Same mobile number for roaming in all partner network abroad
- Global network with over 315 operators across more than 170 countries in six continents
- No additional monthly free availing airs
- Sending and receiving SMS to and from ROBI
- Itemized bill without additional charge
- Golden call
- Easy load, the easiest way to recharge.
Network in Bangladesh:
MANAGEMENT KEY PERSONAL
The Management/Chairman : Mr. Salahuddin Kasem Khan
Managing Director/CEO : Mr. Wasir BIN Baharam
Chief Operation Officer : Mr. Vijay Watson
Chief Financial Officer : Mr. S. Rajaduray
Sales Executive : Mr. Moniruzzaman Ahmed
: Mr. Rakib-ul-Hasan
: Mr. RAhat Faisal
Board of Director
First Line Level
*Board of Director is a chairman of ROBI GSM Bangladesh Ltd. He is in the height position of the organization.
*Top level managers are consisting of MD. Their position is downgraded from the board of Director, and upgraded from the middle level managers.
*Mid level managers are consisting of Chief Operation Officer *COO* chief Financial Officer *CFO*. Their position is downgrad3ed from the top level, as well as board of director, and upgraded from the first line level managers.
*First line managers are consisting of accounting manager, finance manager, credit control, HR, Marketing, Customer Care, IT and Technical. Their position is downgraded from the Board of director, top level, as well as mid-level managers, but upgraded from the BOD, Top level, as well as mid-level managers, but upgraded from the operative’s levels.
Roles of Managers
We found in ROBI GSM Bangladesh Ltd. They are maintaining these roles which are listed down below.
Responsibilities for the motivation deactivation of subordinates; he is responsibilities for staffing, training and associated duties.
Acknowledging mail; doing external board work; performing other activities that involve outsiders.
Seeks and receives wide variety of special information to develop through understanding of organization and environment; emerges as never center of internal and external information about the organization.
Transmits information to outsiders on organization’s plans, politics, actions, results, are. Serves as expert on organization’s industry.
All mangers, to some degree fulfill information roles, receiving and collecting information from organization and institutions outside their own.
Disturbance handler managers take corrective action in response to previously unforeseen problems.
Responsibilities of managers at different level of ROBI GSM Bangladesh Ltd.
Board of Director:
The major duties of b board of director of Robi GSM of Bangladesh Ltd. Is that, he spends his time in decision making as well as planning in carrying out organizational goals. Actually he is a decision-maker.
The major duties of top level managers of Robi GSM Bangladesh Ltd. are spending more time to set planning, organizing, and controlling rather than mid level, lower level managers. But they are also spending their time in leading but it is less than first line or mid level managers.
The mid level managers of Robi GSM Bangladesh Ltd. are spending their time in carrying out organizational goals in planning, organizing, and controlling as well as leading. But in leading functions their contribution is less than planning, organizing or controlling.
First line level:
First level managers are spending their time in leading. But they have a contribution in planning, organizing, and controlling but it is less than top or mid-level managers.
Distribution of per functions by organizational levels
28 14 19 34
30 13 19 34
18 58 04 13
Comparison between theoretical part and practical part in time Spent in carrying out organizational goals
Top-Level managers part
In theoretical part I know that the top-Level managers pay contribution in planning 30 percent, organizing 36 percent, leading 20 percent and controlling 14 percent. On the other hand, in practical part Top-level managers pay contribution in planning 35 percent, organizing 33 percent, leading 18 percent and controlling 14 percent.
Comparison between theoretical part and practical part in time Spent in carrying out organizational goals
Mid-Level managers part
In theoretical part I know that the Mid-Level managers pay contribution in planning 35 percent, organizing 30 percent, leading 10 percent and controlling 25 percent. On the other hand, in practical part mid- level managers pay contribution in planning 21 percent, organizing 37 percent, leading 32 percent and controlling 10 percent.
Comparison between theoretical part and practical part in time Spent in carrying out organizational goals
First line-Level managers part
In theoretical part we can see that the First line-Level managers pay contribution in planning 15 percent, organizing 24 percent, leading 51 percent and controlling 10 percent. On the other hand, in practical part First line-Level managers pay contribution in planning 17 percent, organizing 20 percent, leading 54 percent and controlling 9 percent.
SWOT analysis of other mobile operators in comparison to ROBI
SWOT analysis means strength, weakness, opportunities and threat.
- Interconnection to BTTB
- Low overhead & network management cost
- Reduced airtime charges
- Introduction of pre-paid
- Profit from handset
- Stable network
- Loyal customers
- Better return on investment
- Low infrastructure cost
- Negative image
- Poor coverage
- Poor branding
- Poor distribution network
- Non availability of international roaming
- Share holders constraints
- Chanel partners are not confident
- Lack of support from vendors financiers
- Growth potential
- Increased distribution network
- Aggressive branding
- Expansion of new areas
- Potential connections
- New and attractive product and tariff plan
- Innovative use of new technology
- Availability of finance
- Offer attractive Vas
- Robi’s network
- Robi’s get interconnection
- Robi’s distribution network
- Robi’s aggresive branding
- Robi’s financial strength
- New GSM operator
- Robi’s vas
- Robi’s control over market
- Economic downturn
- Regulatory constraints
- Growth of ISP’s
Their overall performance makes us to believe that they have a good future in the sector of telecommunication. But they have some lacking which drive to back and reduce potential performance in the expansion of market. First of all, networking coverage is not so speed in comparison to another company. Its managing ability is
Not so efficient because it is failed to maintain the equilibrium level of demand and
Supply analysis .Banglalink, another mobile competitor company, launched after ROBI, held 30 lakes subscribers, which is more than ROBI’s subscribers. Another problem is that they can not show their actual current balance. In addition to, Robi is not frequently using the concepts of ideal prices, which is most important to hold existing subscribers and to bring new subscribers.
Some words of optimism
Some events in the recent years have positively affected the cellular industry such as the formulation of Bangladesh telecommunication regulatory commission (BTRC),passing of the telecom operators act, all operators, unity for more interconnection with BTTB, donors and lenders pressures on government etc.Mobile operators have the opportunity for future growth by targeting the major customers groups, SME, individuals, corporate and youths.
In every sphere of our daily life, we should need managerial skill to get success in life. Because of this skills are necessary for our current life as well as our entire life. We couldn’t implement our research paper because of some limitation and restrictions. While researching on this project we found some differences between theoretical and practical part. This is why; we have prepared this project to get the real picture of the roles and responsibilities of the manager of an organization. This project helped us to gather lots of information about the internal working system of an organization.
Management is the process of designing and maintaining and environment in which individuals, working together in groups, efficiently accomplish selected aims….Here also management has been called a process, but the process of maintaining the atmosphere in the organization. There must be clear demarcation of authority and responsibility of superiors and subordinates. All these are done to achieve the predetermined goals.
I also found that there is no single definition of management that can be accepted universally. Different types of management thinker, writer or scientists have defined management according to the nature of the organization. The organization ”ROBI” changing with the passage of time, with the changing and development of technology, with the change of want and need of the people, the definition of to vary may be appropriate the net future with the change of all these.
Al last, I have realized that if any one wants to be a good manager he/she needs to have the goods skill on management.
In my opinion, Robi GSM Bangladesh is doing their business well. Some parts they are closely related with theoretical concept. Some managerial levels are doing extra duty more than theoretical concept. So their business is performing well.
When I visited to Robi GSM Bangladesh Ltd.I found some significant difference from lower level to upper level. First of all, we found a huge difference between their salaries. For example, their board of directors got Tk. 5, 00,000 but Managing Director got Tk. 2,00,000. This proves that there is a significant difference among employees of their organization.
Also, I found in the organization that they believe in flat organization. But their current organization got board span of management. For making their organization flat, they are gradually decreasing their human recourse from the organization in order to maintain a good relationship from top to bottom and to get best employees and to get the maximum output from them.
According to their point of view, they want to be one of the market leaders within two years in a sector of telecommunication. For achieving their goals, they are making strategies in that manner that they can reach to their goals within short span of time.
Robi GSM Bangladesh Ltd. is the only organization in the sector of telecommunication which provides GPRS service. For attracting customer they are taking different strategies day by day.
Their overall performance makes us to believe that they have a good future in the sector of telecommunication. We wish the best for their growth.