( Ordinance NO. XXVI Of 1977 )
[ 27th June, 1977 ]
স্থানীয় সরকার (পৌরসভা) অাইন, ২০০৯ (২০০৯ সনের ৫৮ নং অাইন) দ্বারা রহিত করা হইয়াছে।
FUNCTIONS IN DETAIL
Erection and re-erection of buildings98. (1) No person shall erect or re-erect a building or commence to erect or re-erect a building unless the site has been approved, and the building plan has been sanctioned by the Paurashava
(2) A person intending to erect or re-erect a building shall apply for sanction in the manner provided in the by-laws, and shall pay such fees as may be levied by the Paurashava with the previous sanction of the Prescribed Authority.
(3) All building applications presented under this section shall be registered in the manner provided in the by-laws, and shall be disposed of as early as possible, but not later than sixty days from the date of the registration of the application, and if no order is passed on an application within sixty days of its registration, it shall be deemed to have been sanctioned to the extent to which it does not contravene the provisions of the building by-laws, or of the Master Plan or Site Development Scheme, if any.
(4) A Paurashava may, for reasons to be stated in writing, reject a site plan or a building plan, but any person aggrieved thereby may appeal to the Prescribed Authority within thirty days of the order of rejection, and the order passed by the Prescribed Authority in appeal shall be final.
(5) A Paurashava may sanction a site plan or a building plan subject to such modifications or terms as may be specified in the order of sanction.
(6) Nothing in this section shall apply to any work, addition or alteration which the Paurashava may, by by-law, declare to be exempt.
Completion of buildings, alterations of buildings, etc.99. (1) Every person who has erected or re-erected a building shall, within thirty days of the completion of the building, report such completion to the Paurashava.
(2) The Paurashava shall cause every building which has been completed to be inspected, and if it has been constructed in violation or contravention of any provision of this Ordinance, the rules or the by-laws or of the Master Plan of Site Development Scheme, if any, the Paurashava may require the alterations of the building so as to be in compliance therewith, and where such alteration is not possible, the Paurashava may require the building or any part thereof to be demolished, or on the application of the owner such building compound the offence, provided that no offence shall be so compounded if it involves any violation or contravention of the provisions of a Master Plan or of a sanctioned Site Development Scheme.
(3) If a building is required to be demolished under the provisions of sub-section (2), and such requirement is not complied with within the specified period, the Paurashava may have the building demolished through its own agency, and the cost incurred thereon by the Paurashava shall be deemed to be a tax levied on the owner or occupier of the building under this Ordinance.
Regulation of buildings100. (1) If any building, or anything fixed thereon, be deemed by the Paurashava to be in a ruinous state or likely to fall or in any way dangerous to any inhabitant of such building or of any neighbouring building or to any occupier thereof or to passers-by, the Paurashava may, by notice, require the owner or occupier of such building to take such action in regard to the building as may be specified in the notice, and if there is default, the Paurashava may take the necessary steps itself and the cost incurred thereon by the Paurashava shall be deemed to be a tax levied on the owner or occupier of the building under this Ordinance.
(2) If a building is in a dangerous condition, or otherwise unfit for human habitation, the Paurashava may prohibit the occupation of such building till it has been suitably repaired to the satisfaction of the Paurashava.